Kick ass 2 has cinavia protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BERT View Post
    hi Scoop....try this link...http://www.kogan.com/au/ this one works.
    Thanks, that one worked

Here's part of the reply that I received from a Kogan Customer Service agent e-mail about the question of shipping overseas:

Most non-Kogan branded products are available for international delivery to the following countries:
    -United States
    -United Kingdom
    -Spain
    -Singapore
    -New Zealand
    -Ireland
    -Hong Kong
    -France
    -Finland
    -Belgium

You can change the country of your delivery address by selecting "Shipping to an address outside of Australia? Click here", located at the bottom of the check out page.

I'm not sure what they're saying about the BR player since I had asked about that item and then read the "non-Kogan branded" part of the reply. I'll send another e-mail and see if they clarify the policy.

This is just a thought.There was a time all players had region incoding programmed in.Then the codes where broken and we all could watch movies from any region on the planet.Now all we need now is someone to find a way to "reset" the cinavia detection to none. Meaning instead finding a way fiddling around with the disc..The complicated part, we need to fiddle around with the player..The week part in the system. Use 2 Sony players for example.One has no cinavia detection..the other one has.So what did they put in or programmed to the other player to make the switch.If it was a part put in...it could be taken out.If it is a programm (most likely)then there must be a way to re-programm it.Surely some smart computer programmers or some wizzards should find this out...It has to be possible.We been on the moon a few times.......

I'm looking at this cinavia issue as one that will be defeated in time. I'm thinking that because history would appear to indicate that result... Region Codes, BR encryption.

I'm probably more fortunate than most when considering the cinavia issue because most of my collection contains older TV/DVD sets and movies that I purchased years ago.

Just my 2¢ about it but the Region-Code defeat has been the best thing for me as a collector.

Comment

It looks like you are out of luck here.They only ship Non Kogan brands. The player is Kogan made so they won't ship it.Maybe you should ask them for special exempt or something.Try anyway.
      Last edited by BERT; 01-30-2014, 10:11 PM.

Comment

You can get the Panasonic DMP-BD75 used for $99.99 or refurbished theirs one left for $33.98 unopened box on Amazon they ship all over and this is a Cinavia free model blu ray player.better hurry as they sell for much more on Ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoop View Post
          I'm looking at this cinavia issue as one that will be defeated in time. I'm thinking that because history would appear to indicate that result... Region Codes, BR encryption.
          Yeah, you better read up on how Cinavia works then. Cause this is in no way comparable.

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
          MultiShrink
          : DVD Shrink batch processing
          Offizieller Ãœbersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch

Comment

The player is programmed to detect cinavia.It can be and will be re-programmend. It is just a matter of time.It is not impossible.It is after all only a programm.....

Comment

You wrote about removing Cinavia not ignoring it (Region Codes, BR encryption)! Media players like the WDTV already ignore Cinavia which is fine and good. You won't find any standalone BD player that ignores Cinavia unless you find someone smart enough to hack the firmware.

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
              MultiShrink
              : DVD Shrink batch processing
              Offizieller Ãœbersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch

Comment

Originally posted by glenns View Post
                You can get the Panasonic DMP-BD75 used for $99.99 or refurbished theirs one left for $33.98 unopened box on Amazon they ship all over and this is a Cinavia free model blu ray player.better hurry as they sell for much more on Ebay.
                http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=all
                Thanks for the link . Looking into that now.

It looks like you are out of luck here.They only ship Non Kogan brands. The player is Kogan made so they won't ship it.Maybe you should ask them for special exempt or something.Try anyway.
                I might try again. Thanks for the help with this.

The player is programmed to detect cinavia.It can be and will be re-programmend. It is just a matter of time.It is not impossible.It is after all only a programm.....
                Agree. I have read about the topic. We'll see how it goes.

Comment

Working...
                X