No announcement yet.

DVDFAB 9 will no longer read disks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CCROTTY:Your two Pioneer blu ray drive's are using old firmware 2 versions out of date you should be on 1.35 update here http://www.firmwarehq.com/Pioneer/BDR-207D/files.html
    Follow all directions to the letter or you can render your drives useless.
    You can try main movie see if it works.

90312:Also noticed this in his log with the 801 being the problem.Is this caused by user error or cuda version not supported?
    1m 11.17s: Source Video Size Original : 1920 x 801
    Last edited by glenns; 05-18-2014, 09:28 PM.

Comment

My best guess on that glenns is a SNAFU in auto-cropping, I keep it turned off and live with the black bars.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by glenns View Post
        The file cleaner in CC cleaner will have the old prefech file check box not the registry cleaner so do both.

CBR929:Might want to change your instructions to include the above.
        Done thanks
        I guess that's what happens some times responding to fast, considering that I've done it a hundred times on my pc.
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thanks for the ideas, everyone.

I tried changing the DVD read mode but got the same result as before. I tried reading an older disk ("Twilight" - ugh! blame my daughters) but unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your opinion of "Twiglet", as my daughters call it ) it still came up with "Please check if it's playable". DVDFab 8Qt read the disk straight away.

The machine is running from an SSD with windows prefetch disabled, but I'll try uninstalling with DVDFab's uninstaller and will then run CCleaner, followed by a re-installation as Administrator, as suggested.

Comment

If that don't work please try main movie not full disk or clone as it could be copy protection.If this is the case main movie could work while the other 2 not work.

Comment

DVD player can't read disc

I had the same problem and what I did was change the common settings to
              1: changed H 264 arrow down and change to software
              2: changed VC 1 arrow down and change to software
              3: changed Mpeg 2 arrow down and change to software
              4: changed Video Encoder H 264 arrow down and change to software
              Since I changed it, my dvd player reads the disc. Give it a try. I hope it works for you.

Comment

Homebase 11:You can do the same all at once by checking use all software.

Comment

ok Thanks, didn't know that one. sure was a lot of typing I did.

Comment

Just so we know what region is the disk you used with Fab and it didn't open until you changed to all software and what version of fab were you using?

Comment

A/V codec settings should not impact DVDFab read discs.

Would you please un-install clean and re-install DVDFab, and then try again?

Thanks!

Wilson
                      Please post your logs the default location is:
                      For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                      For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                      If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X