No announcement yet.

Subtitle problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try it without using the little arrow in Fab when you make the main movie just check the 1st English subtitle track and during playback of each playback program turn the sub titles off.
    Last edited by glenns; 05-22-2014, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Subtitle problem

Originally posted by julesco View Post
      I`ve been using VLC all the time and i just tried DVD Fab Media Player and Media Player Classic as well and they all show subtitles for all which includes English and Somalian. I`m looking to see just subtitles for Somalian.
      See in my screenshots what subtitles when playing the movie. i.e. English and Somali.
      Attached Files

Comment

Subtitles problem

Originally posted by glenns View Post
        Try it without using the little arrow in Fab when you make the main movie just check the 1st English subtitle track and during playback of each playback program turn the sub titles off.
        I tried that and still the same double subtitles. During playback turned subtitles off and no subtitles at all. I also tried the 2nd option" English normal captions" and the same result. The first option is called "English normal".

Comment

Someone else is going to have to help you as I don't have this disk any longer and the disk I did have was region A yours seems to be region B.

If I was you I would spring for a cake of 2 layer disks about 79 cents each in bulk then you don't have this problem and your copy won't need compression and can be made very fast.

Comment

Subtitles problem

Originally posted by glenns View Post
            Someone else is going to have to help you as I don't have this disk any longer and the disk I did have was region A yours seems to be region B.

If I was you I would spring for a cake of 2 layer disks about 79 cents each in bulk then you don't have this problem and your copy won't need compression and can be made very fast.
            Ok, thanks. Australia is region 4. I had this same problem with Wolverine and your CBR929 Phil solved the problem by using the little arrow and forced captions but Captain Phillips doesn`t have forced captains.

Comment

They could be held in a stream by themselves.

On "Problem Children" titles such as these that are caused by studios doing things differently, I use "Subtitle Edit" to inspect the streams.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                They could be held in a stream by themselves.

On "Problem Children" titles such as these that are caused by studios doing things differently, I use "Subtitle Edit" to inspect the streams.
                Thank You, maybe you could explain further "stream by themselves", and where to find "subtitle edit"??

Comment

As you know there can be multiple subtitle steams muxed into a title.

Normally. the "English" & English forced subtitles are in the one subtitle stream with a marker that turns the forced subtitles to play even if the English subs are turned off.

On occasions, the idiot studios will author it differently with the "English" & "Forced" in separate substreams which Fab cannot pick up.

When you open the subtitle streams with Subtitle Edit, you will soon see what the studio has done. I am convinced they do it to confuse the people who wish to back up their media.

For Subtitle Edit, Google is your friend and it is free.

Hope this helps.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
                  X