Error 123 during DVD Copy of Trance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error 123 during DVD Copy of Trance

At the beginning of the write phase of a Full Disc copy of Trance I am getting Error 123 and the burn fails (see attached Log.zip)

I also tried the "Main Movie" copy option instead and that fails too. One other potentially relevant piece of info - DVDFab displays a dialog box saying that the disc has "2 Perspectives". I'm not sure what that means but there are 2 Main Movie tracks to choose from. I've tried both track 1 and 2 and the burn fails in both cases after 23%.
    Attached Files

Your burning to fast drop burn speed to 8x and try again.
    123 HWS_FAILED_FINISHING 23 // Write failed at the end of the media (finalisation is not complete)

Reading into some of your older logs you seem to be using cheap blank disks are these Ritec (Memorex) as these are junk if so get better blank media as your drive doesn't like these disks.Some drives will burn cheap disks at slower speeds.Img burn also has a setting to use to do a test burn on a unused part of the disk to adjust laser power this will sometimes help when burning disks see screen shot.

(The disc has "2 Perspectives) This may mean 2 angles to choice from.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by glenns; 06-20-2014, 01:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by glenns View Post
      Your burning to fast drop burn speed to 8x and try again.
      123 HWS_FAILED_FINISHING 23 // Write failed at the end of the media (finalisation is not complete)

Reading into some of your older logs you seem to be using cheap blank disks are these Ritec (Memorex)
      You must have been looking at out of date log entries. The only discs I use for burning right now are
      1. Verbatim 2.4x DVD+R DL
      2. Imation 16x DVD+R

I am also not using imgburn right now, but rather I am using DVDFab's built-in burning software.

Putting all the above to one side, I tried lowering the write speed to 2x instead of "Fastest" and I get the error
      Task_2 failed! Error=122

Since I have been using this method to copy DVDs for a long time without any issues, and the only new variable here is the movie "Trance", I suspect that for some reason the current version of DVDFab is simply unable to copy this movie.

Comment

That's a burning issue, the laser is unable to calibrate its power level to the media. I suggest switching your burning engine to ImgBurn and making sure that the box for Optimum Power Calibration is checked (OPC) for a better crack at calibration. There is a chance the laser in the drive is going out so...
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
          That's a burning issue, the laser is unable to calibrate its power level to the media. I suggest switching your burning engine to ImgBurn and making sure that the box for Optimum Power Calibration is checked (OPC) for a better crack at calibration. There is a chance the laser in the drive is going out so...
          Thanks for the suggestion. I now suspect the must be something wrong with my second DVD drive (an LG WH14NS40) or the SATA cable. I will try to narrow down the cause through a process of elimination.

Instead of using my LG for the burn, I used my Asus DVD drive and the burn succeeded.

Comment

Your LG drive is 2 versions out of date on firmware update here follow all directions or you can render your drive useless.

P.S. One of the LG updates includes Improved DVD-R Readability

Also on your Imation 16x disks the log shows 8x to be it's slowest burning speed and that's half the recommended disk burning speed for these disks I would stick to 8x not 2x.
            Last edited by glenns; 06-21-2014, 05:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X