Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think signals is on the right track here. In addition to trying what he suggested...

Please run this registry patch.

cdgone.zip

The patch (for restoration of missing drives) is supposedly for XP only, but was created prior to Vista.
    I've used this patch in XP Pro and I know users that have run it Vista without issues and with success.
    If you'd rather download yourself, here's a link:

http://www.aumha.org/regfiles.php

Scroll down to
    Other Registry Patches >
    Restore Missing CD Drive.
    Last edited by maineman; 01-14-2010, 02:44 PM.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I'm having the same problem and I have the same DVD drive on a Dell XPS 410. After my first rip with DVDFab my DVD drive acts like there is no disc in the drive. If I double click on the drive in My Computer it says "Please insert a disc into drive D:" and pops the tray open. Could this have to do with the drivers DVDFab uses not being compatible with newer version of windows (Vista and 7) and this DVD Drive? I tried the registry fix that was mentioned above but that didn't help. I also installed DVDFab on my laptop (Dell Inspiron 14 / Windows 7) and that also has a TSSTcorp DVD drive (I can't see the model right now because it stopped showing up in My Computer and Device Manager) but about half the time I put in a disc it will work if I start ripping the disc before the drive goes to sleep (stops making the spinning sound after it's been in for about 15 seconds). After that it stops showing up in My Computer or for use in DVDFab.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
        He stated 40 rips in 3 or 4 years
        40 rips in 3 or 4 yrs mmm i do that in 2 mths
        Windows 7 Ultimate x64
        DVDFab 7.0.8.2 full

Comment

Originally posted by grimreaper View Post
          40 rips in 3 or 4 yrs mmm i do that in 2 mths
          I am sure that this revelation makes the O.P. feel all warm and fuzzy but it does not contain any useful advise or suggestion that might help solve his problem.

Comment

I had these problems when I installed Vista my OPP wouldn't recognise any thing it wanted to format cds/dvds and my drives would disappear in my computer. for me it was a combo of AHCI settings in BIOS and updating my storage controller drivers. Drove me crazy for a month.
            AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @3960MHz
            4G Geil ddr2 1066 (5-5-5-15) @1120MHz
            ASUS M3N HT Deluxe Nvidia 780a chipset
            2 XFX 9800GT SLI driver 197.45
            LG WH08LS20 BD drive firmware updated
            Windows7 Professional x64

Comment

I've performed more than 1200 rips using DVD fab with 1 dvd drive (HP drive) over the last 8 months. Never a problem with the drive. I'm ripping from drive and storing .iso on HDD. Probably depends on the manufacturer of the drive, whether you're ripping and writing to it, etc... I've had friends who lost dvd drive over 2 years and probably 800 rips, but it hasn't really been benchmarked I don't think....It's not Ikea furniture we're dealing with here....

Comment

Working...
              X