No announcement yet.

Unbroken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is a MKV pass through? Is that one of the options like ripping to computer like roku 3 as a MP4 file?

Comment

Yeah, MKV is a container format and passthrough just passes the audio and video through to the container without compression so the quality is the same as the DVD. Do you have a USB port on your BR player?
      Attached Files
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

I do not have a blu Ray player. Will it work on a PS3 player USB port or Roku 3 USB port?

Comment

PS3 won't play MKV files not sure about Roku 3? Give it a try.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Watching UnBroken now. Will try later.

Comment

unbroken

Originally posted by Wolfpackron View Post
              Was it copied to a DVD as an MP4 file. If not how did you complete this and play it on a Sony player?
              No I converted Full DVD (Main Movie) to MP4, put it on desktop, than put on thumb drive and played on stand alone Sony Blueray dvd player on front USB port. Set Sony Menu to USB port and played movie with no problem no audio drop or watermark after 20-30mins of playing time.

apollo13
              Last edited by apollo13; 04-24-2015, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Miami View Post
                Are you talking about a blu ray or a DVD? Most times DVD's don't have Cinivia.
                I only burn DVD's and Cinavia IS THERE. Unbroken had Cinavia within one minute of EVERY chapter. Is there any time this stupid protection will be defeated or have the minions of the secret corporations won?

Comment

unbroken

Hi

I just Bought Full DVD Not Blueray "Boy Next Door, The (2015 R [LB] [Thrillers] (Cinavia) 1h 31min, it has (Cinavia) Region1.

I used DVDFab 8.2.3.0.

Used DVDFab Ripper, Ripped Main movie as Kindle Amazon MP4 Dolby II Stero.

And it plays Just fine in my Sony Blueray stand alone player Model#BDP-S2300

And Unbroken plays great also

hagd,

apollo13

Comment

Unbroken

Originally posted by apollo13 View Post
                    Hi

I just Bought Full DVD Not Blueray "Boy Next Door, The (2015 R [LB] [Thrillers] (Cinavia) 1h 31min, it has (Cinavia) Region1.

I used DVDFab 8.2.3.0.

Used DVDFab Ripper, Ripped Main movie as Kindle Amazon MP4 Dolby II Stero.

And it plays Just fine in my Sony Blueray stand alone player Model#BDP-S2300

And Unbroken plays great also

hagd,

apollo13
                    Just did Unbroken with DVDFab 9.1.9.9 (2015/04/28 and it plays just fine

apollo13

Comment

A simple way to get around Cinavia watermarking ...

Since it appears that a solution to the Cinavia audio track watermarking is not something that the DVDFab developers are having much luck on, I will offer perhaps the easiest solution to the problem, at least as it concerns DVDs burned to discs. The simplest solution is to use an older, and in many cases cheaper, DVD player when playing back the Cinavia protected discs. I happen to have two (2) Samsung DVDC500 DVD players that obviously do not have the Cinavia watermark detection firmware installed because both will play such a disc (an example being 'Unbroken') having Cinavia encoding without a hitch. I also have two (2) older Toshiba VHS/DVD combo players in which the DVD player will play Cinavia encoded discs without a problem. Now, considering that the Samsung DVDC500 player is available from several sources such as Amazon and Best buy for less than $40.00 US, often with free shipping, as far as I'm concerned this is a viable alternative to going to the lengths that some have suggested in order to get a fully playable copy. Obviously, this solution will work only for DVDs so those using Blu-Ray discs will continue to have the problem but at least for those of us who are satisfied with standard DVD playback we do have a relatively inexpensive way to circumvent this odious protection scheme. By the way, the production date on the Samsung player is 2011 which is, to the best of my knowledge, before the time - February 2012, if I'm not mistaken - that Cinavia watermark detection firmware became standard and required on Blu-Ray players and suggested but optional on DVD players.

sleeper1428

Comment

Working...
                      X