This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At Worlds End Problem using DVDFab loaded under wine on a MacBook Pro

I am seeing this same error. In my case I have ripped the DVD to a Video_TS file and am using DVDFab 6.2.2.0 Beta to compress the file (6.51GB) and create an .ISO backup. This has worked successfully on several disks until Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean. This has become my evaluation movie before buying, and so far no other software has been able to handle it. DVDFab has done better, so I'm hopeful.
    Internal logVDFab 6.2.2.0 (2010/01/18 10:16:39)

0m 00.62s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
    Process log:10:17:37: You are going to try "DVD to DVD" option.
    10:17:37: Analyzing of DVD started
    10:17:37: Analyzing of DVD completed successfully
    10:17:37: Copy process started
    10:17:37: Task_1 failed! Error=400()
    Ripping either with MacTheRipper 2.6.6 or Ripit (1.3.3) gives the same result
    DVDFab is loaded under wine on a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.5
    The Beta version does actually populate the main window with available titles, trying to view the movie preview brings up the error report window

I should also have said that if the file is loaded into the Mac's DVD player, it will play on fastforward to the end.

Comment

Just a thought!!! I have seen this before.

Does the volume name have any invalid characters in it?

eg ":" like Pirates of the Caribbean: At worlds End
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

volume name of the ripped file is Pirates Of The Caribbean/ At World's End

Comment

Should have done this before replying, but removing the slash and changing the ISO output filename to exclude .dvdmedia.iso had no effect. Error message is identicle

Comment

If you have the "/" in the name and it's not a typo, I think that could be your problem as this is an illegal character in filenames.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

When you originally created the ISO, was the "/" in the original volume name as this can also create the same problem?

Comment

Originally, yes.
                currently Source Z:\...\Movies\Pirates Of The Caribbean At World's End.dvdmedia\
                Target C\...\DVDFab\ISO\Pirates Of The Caribbean At World's End.iso

source drive is Z: because of the wine window, functionally it is the MacBook harddrive.

16:51:04: Analyzing of DVD completed successfully
                16:51:04: Copy process started
                16:51:04: Task_1 failed! Error=400()

Comment

It could be some WINE incompatibility issue. I honestly don't know.

You will have to wait for someone with experience with that to come along and assist you as Fab is not supported running that way.

What I do know is that this title has been ripped many times by myself and other users on Windows platforms, so there is nothing particularly unusual about it.

I would look at shortening paths and filenames and rerip from the original to a "Movie Only" ISO.

Comment

Good to know it has worked, I haven't wanted to boot to Windows, but that is an option. I hadn't thought it was a WINE issue because titles the Bourne Identities work fine this way.

Comment

Working...
                    X