No announcement yet.

DVDfab 9.3.0.3 Will not start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got an interesting detail about the issue.

I used VMWare Player 12.1.1 to create a virtual machine with Windows 10 1511 (which is the current release) to regain use of DVDFab. Aside some pretty funky UI glitches (I will make a separate thread for that), it works.

The interesting part is that DVDFab under windows 10 1511 causes the same DEP error to be recorded in the Event Viewer.

The only difference is that the 1511 release doesn't consider it a critical error and allows the software to continue running. 14372 kills it when the error is detected.

It seems this is what changed between the release 1511 and the insider build 14372.

Comment

The Insider build 14376 has rollbacked the behavior that caused DVDFab to fail to open. It is back to the behavior of Windows 10 1511.

The DEP errors are still being logged in the Event Viewer.

They will probably try to push that security improvement again in the next major update.

Comment

Originally posted by pehvah View Post
        I am running Win 10 build 14342 and have updated all my drivers. None of the versions of DVDFAB or DVDFAB Mediaplayer2 will start. I cannot send an error report because they won't start. Until this build of win 10 I never had any problems.
        Please try to update to build 14376 see if you can run DVDFab without problem.

DVDFab log default location:
        For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
        For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
        For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

I am running Win 10 build 14342 and have updated all my drivers. None of the versions of DVDFAB or DVDFAB Mediaplayer2 will start. I cannot send an error report because they won't start. Until this build of win 10 I never had any problems.
          After trying different things to get my dvdfab products to work with the new builds of Windows 10 I decided to go back to Windows 8. All my dvdfab products work now. I think when my pc quits working I will go Mac. Thank you for your patience.

Comment

After trying different things to get my dvdfab products to work with the new builds of Windows 10 I decided to go back to Windows 8. All my dvdfab products work now. I think when my pc quits working I will go Mac. Thank you for your patience.
            After reinstalling Win 8 from win 10 I upgraded to 8.1 and all my DVDFab products worked fine. I kept getting a notification for win 10 final at the end of July for free so I decided to try win 10 final and after installing the full win 10 all my DVDFAF products worked great. Thank you DVDFAB for all your understanding.

Comment

Working...
            X