DVDfab 9.3.0.3 Will not start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDfab 9.3.0.3 Will not start

I cannot get DVDfab 9.3.0.3 to start on my Windows 10 computer. It shows the splash screen then disappears.

The program automatically closes and it is not in running processes.

I have tried uninstalling, and reinstalling.
    I have tried earlier versions (including 8).
    Updating my graphics drivers.
    Loading as an administrator.
    Using the compatibility settings.
    Excluding the folder in Windows Defender.
    What else can i do?

Just downloaded lastest update and crashed multiple times.

Deleted and reinstalled new DVDFAB same thing here

Comment

You have not supplied enough information to be able to help you. What is your OS and version? Any error messages? Did it run long enough to generate even a short internal log session? Does the crash report generator run?
      Originally posted by GoingYard View Post
      Just downloaded lastest update and crashed multiple times.

Deleted and reinstalled new DVDFAB same thing here
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yes: DVDFab 9.3.0.3 crashes on my Windows 7 as well, as soon as I switch from MAIN MOVIE to FULL DISC. Reinstall indeed didn't helped.

Now installed 9.2.4.4 and it works.

I had already crashes AFTER ripping in the last release, don't know if it was 9.2.4.4 or 9.3.0.1 - but something bad changed in your code.

Comment

All DVDFAB versions and tried Mediaplayer

I am running Win 10 build 14342 and have updated all my drivers. None of the versions of DVDFAB or DVDFAB Mediaplayer2 will start. I cannot send an error report because they won't start. Until this build of win 10 I never had any problems.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. There have been no changes to Fab Player, so it must be a Windows10 issue with the current version.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Version 9.3.0.4 Install on Vista 86X, Can't open it, A window show up Saying " DVD fab has encountered a problem and needs to close"

Comment

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit loading problems as well

I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, and Version 9244 wouldn't start this morning for me either - nothing happened, although it did load into Processes. I tried to install Version 9303 and 9304, but neither would finish installing. I had to use Task Manager to end the Setup files and DVDFab.exe for V9244 when it wouldn't load.

I uninstalled DVDFab9 and installed Version 9226, and it works just fine. I also installed Version 8230QT and Version 8085. They work as well. Personally, I think its a bug in the latest versions.

Comment

9305 Working

Version 9305 installed properly, opened properly and works as it should.

Comment

Glad to hear it, thanks for the feedback.

Comment

not in my Win7 64 bit

Comment

9.3.0.5 Not Working Win 7 32bit

Hi Guys, I still cannot get Fab to open on my Win 7 32 bit system.

All I get is the "DVDFab has experienced a problem and needs to close" box.

I have attached the internal logs. 9.2.4.4 works fine when I revert back to it.

Please try and assist.

Thanks
                        Attached Files

Comment

Same thing here. Vista system. I install it on x86 but didn't help.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                            There have been no changes to Fab Player, so it must be a Windows10 issue with the current version.
                            Or the kernel has been hardened for the new release and it exposed a programming flaw in DVDFab and Fab Player.

This happens a lot when DEP and ASLR are implemented for example.
                            A previous harmless buffer overflow error becomes a process killing error.

If that is the case, a new windows build will not fix the issue.

As far as I can remember using DVDFab, the Windows Reliability Monitor list DVDFab as having failed to close properly. It seriously tanks the reliability index of a given computer. This might be related.

The fact that both DVDFab and Fab Player do the same error, it limits the amount of code to check.

Comment

Still a problem with DVDFab 9.3.0.5 on windows 10 build 14371.

Comment

Working...
                              X