Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the attempted help. I did everything suggested, but with no luck.

Maybe I need to update to 6.2.2.0? Maybe it will magically fix itself with another update or 2

Comment

Originally posted by dcnorman07 View Post
      Thanks for the attempted help. I did everything suggested, but with no luck.

Maybe I need to update to 6.2.2.0? Maybe it will magically fix itself with another update or 2
      Saw6, is not going to fix itself with an update, there are confirmed reports of poorly pressed discs at Frys and Nexflix and I am sure many other places. The problem is usually at the layer break, around 50% on the rip, it will play but it wont rip. You need another disc. I am referring to R1 discs only.
      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

use dvdfab 4.0.4.0 Full Disc no problems work Saw VI

Comment

Originally posted by botellos64 View Post
          use dvdfab 4.0.4.0 Full Disc no problems work Saw VI
          Going backwards is never a good option. Plus I do not think Fab supports old versions. If it worked for you I am happy but it wont work for people that have a poorly pressed original.
          Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
            Saw6, is not going to fix itself with an update, there are confirmed reports of poorly pressed discs at Frys and Nexflix and I am sure many other places. The problem is usually at the layer break, around 50% on the rip, it will play but it wont rip. You need another disc. I am referring to R1 discs only.
            The version I am trying to rip is one I bought this from Best Buy. I try to keep copies of all of my movies backed up to hard drives mainly so I can convert them for my iphone and also because I have a 2-year old who loves opening dvd's and "drawing" on them. Not a big deal I don't get it done, just trying to figure out why this one won't work and the rest will...

I appreciate all the input/suggestions.

Comment

dcnorman07, is this a paid version of DVD Fab or free? If free version please read this http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=879
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                dcnorman07, is this a paid version of DVD Fab or free? If free version please read this http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=879
                It is the paid version

Comment

dcnorman07, Have you tried the 6.2.2.0 beta?
                  Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                    dcnorman07, Have you tried the 6.2.2.0 beta?
                    No, but I'll probably try that tonight if I get a chance, if not, then tomorrow. I was going to try and do that last night, but ran out of time. I'll let y'all know if that works as soon as I find out.

Comment

Looks like it's a bad press if 6.2.2.0 Beta fails.
                      Fab 6.2.2.0 Beta (retail) will decrypt this flick no problem.
                      I'd exchange the disc at Best Buy and simply tell them it does not play correctly, skips, freezes, etc.

However, there are several things you can try before doing this if you wish.
                      Take a look through at this thread: (link in my sig below)
                      Tips on Troubleshooting Analyzing/Ripping dvds

You can also scan the disc with VSO Inspector or Nero CD-DVD speed to confirm the "bad" press.

1) Run an on-the-fly decrypter in the background during the scan
                      or
                      2) Start to play the disc on your pc with a software player, stop play after the movie stops, but do not exit the player.
                      Now start scanning with VSO Inspector or Nero
                      Last edited by maineman; 02-01-2010, 02:00 PM.
                      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Thanks just post back with your results.

Comment

Sorry about so long to post back. I've been extremely busy lately with work and we are about to move.

I didn't have any luck burning it with the beta version either. Must just be a bad press. The movie plays fine and that's what really matters I guess.

I appreciate all the help and tips everyone. Hopefully I'll be able to return the favor sometime.

Comment

Working...
                          X