No announcement yet.

Breaking Bad Season 1 - 6 Boxset. S1 Disc 3 Wont Read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the new drive try the clone mode from disk in copy mode this will make a exact copy of the disk.

Comment

Hi Zaffy,

Please do the following steps to find out the needed information and send them to us, thanks in advance.

1. Make sure PathPlayer (Common Settings - DVD - Pathplayer) is enabled, and then open the problematic disc in DVDFab again;

2. After opened, right click on the main movie title, select "Export Source Info" in Menu which will automatically generate a VIDEO_TS folder, Info.txt and a DISC.BIN file to the chosen location, default one is DVDFab9\Log folder;

3. Go to C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\DVDFab9\Log (default path), zip the whole DVDFab9 Log folder and post the zipped file here.

Regards,
      Mona

Comment

No DISC.BIN

Hi Mona,
        I don't see a DISC.BIN file anywhere, so I've attached analysis logs both with and without PathPlayer enabled.
        Attached Files

Comment

Still no DISC.BIN

Done as requested. Logs attached.
          Attached Files

Comment

Update your firmware on your drive here http://www.firmwarehq.com/LG/WH14NS40/files.html

See if this makes any difference while your waiting for Mona to receive your files.

Comment

Wont Flash

First thing I tried to do when I bought the drive. Unfortunately neither the one from firmwarehq or from LGs own support site will flash. The app starts up, but when you select the button to perform the flash it comes up with a checksum error!

Comment

Bring the drive back as you won't be able to update it.

Comment

It might not be the drive

I'll do a bit of investigation first before I attempt to RMA it as it might just be the update that's at fault, not the drive.

Comment

I have 2 of these same drives a internal and a external both updated with the firmware link i provided to you they work fine.
                    You should never stop a update once it's started or have a power outage when updating firmware or you can loose the drive also you should only do the update nothing else on the computer at the same time.Also check the cable from the drive to the usb connection and the ends of the wires for loose fit or bad fitting.
                    Last edited by 3dman; 11-28-2016, 06:40 PM.

Comment

New Drive Revision

Mine is a WH14NS40 with SVC Code NS50, manufactured June 2016, ROM Version 1.02.

According to this website http://club.myce.com/f91/lg-bh16ns50...-2015-a-340457, the SVC code means it is a 2nd Revision model and shares hardware with the new 16NS50/NS55, which probably explains why the firmware you linked to (and that on the LG site) throws a wobbly.

Comment

The log you posted shows this:
                        0m 09.20s: Burn engine: 0- M:\ [HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH14NS40 1.02 (Scsi)]
                        This log shows NS40 not NS50. This is what I went by.

If the new drive was not used to post that log then it could be different I can only go by whats posted.

Comment

The log was from the (one and only) new LG drive. It seems that LG have put new innards in the drive (Mediatek MT1959) but not changed the model number (WH14NS40), just stuck an SVC Code NS50 on the outside label as well. So it appears to be a WH14NS40, except it's not!

Like you, I am also confused why a manufacturer would do something so seemingly nonsensical. Thankfully, picking the wrong firmware didn't brick the drive, but if it did, LG would have a lot to answer for.

Comment

Well that's not good as all the programs that reads it will miss id it and it's proper firmware.Is this a mainstream buy where did you get it?

I don't see if the insides to the drive are new why it doesn't id itself to software as the updated version this is really strange.

Comment

Bought it from www.scan.co.uk.

Comment

Please check your disc with Insector if you still get the read error with DVDFab 10.0.1.3.

Thanks!

Wilson
                                Please post your logs the default location is:
                                For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                                For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                                Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                                If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X