Will Not Copy (Write)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Not Copy (Write)

Just updated from 2.9 and although discs seem to burn properly, when I insert a new disc for copying, ones I've been using forever, it will not copy and I get a message that reads:

"Media inserted in drive E is a single layer. Please insert a double layer media to start the writing process."

Fortunately I still have 9.3.2.1. downloaded so I reverted to that version and everything worked fine as usual.

I assume there's something in the "Settings" that I need to change, but I haven't a clue on where to look or what to look for.

Or, can I please have a link to download the previous 10 version that did work.

Thank you.

See screen shot-place dvd in fab or in burner Click on wrench in red box (advanced settings) Make sure the pull down says dvd 5 for a single layer disk to be used is checked it then will show up on the information line also marked in red dvd5.
    Attached Files

Comment

When I click the wrench, I get a different screen than what you show....
      Attached Files
      Last edited by dtbm51; 04-13-2017, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Looks like you are selecting "clone" which is a one to one copy and will require a dual layer blank to write. If you want everything on the original select "Full Disk" and DVD5 output to write to single layer blank.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Thank you so much. I didn't select it...it apparently set itself like that after the update and I never noticed it. All is well now.

Comment

Glad you're going again!
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
            X