X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cholla View Post
    This is way out of my knowledge range.
    I did look at the QT log .
    I even tried Googling a couple of the warnings .
    DVDFab Qt Warning: QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_m_pBtnCancel_clicked() (:0, )
    Is just the first one . This seems to be related to a Mac computer .
    It's trying to connect to certain buttons but is failing to find them.
    It also could be related to trying to "draw" the DVDFan GUI.
    I've never used a MAC if that is the computer you have.
    The first warning is actually above that, and is even more obviously Mac related "0m 02.15s: DVDFab Qt Warning: QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_macMaxButton_clicked() (:0, )"

This is an issue with compatibility of the application for Windows 7 x86 as a whole. I just stood up a Win7 32bit VM in VirtualBox and installed DVDFab on it and I get the exact same results in my logs as they did.

Attached Files

Comment

I probably copied the second warning from the log file.
      There were a lot.
      I also ran a QTlog test.
      Mine was also similar & mine was done on a W7 32bit not virtual.
      I think the difference is the test picked up my last conversion which completed.
      So I had all the Exits at the end .

Comment

Originally posted by Johnathon View Post

This is an issue with compatibility of the application for Windows 7 x86 as a whole. I just stood up a Win7 32bit VM in VirtualBox and installed DVDFab on it and I get the exact same results in my logs as they did.
        Well it's not ALL 32-bit Win7 machines that have this issue because I can run DVDFab just fine on my wife's machine. However, hers has am AMD CPU while mine has an Intel CPU.

Comment

Originally posted by zabolots View Post

Well it's not ALL 32-bit Win7 machines that have this issue because I can run DVDFab just fine on my wife's machine. However, hers has am AMD CPU while mine has an Intel CPU.
          The computer I have DVDFab DVD Copy on is an Intel CPU with W7 32-bit .
          Only a dual core though .
          Your Intel is an 8 core if the .txt file is correct.
          So it might not be a good comparison.

Comment

did you ever try restarting your computer in safe mode (with networking) and see if dvdfab will run ??
            please try it on the computer that it crashes on.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

did you ever try restarting your computer in safe mode (with networking) and see if dvdfab will run ??
              please try it on the computer that it crashes on.
              Just tried again with the latest version, 10.0.6.5 and the problem still exists, even when booting in Safe Mode With Networking.

I would think that since I was able to provide logs of the problem quite a while ago that there would be some progress on getting this issue resolved so I'm rather disappointed that this issue still exists.

Comment

Just tried again with the latest version, 10.0.6.5 and the problem still exists, even when booting in Safe Mode With Networking.

I would think that since I was able to provide logs of the problem quite a while ago that there would be some progress on getting this issue resolved so I'm rather disappointed that this issue still exists.
                did you try adding dvdfab to the windows DEP exceptions list ??

Comment

There is a bunch of DVD's that were released with this crash problem. I know Ashley and the FAB team are working on a fix.

Comment

Working...
                  X