Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the outside chance this is due to a missing C++ runtime component, library or failure to bind, you can install this. Even if it doesn’t fix this issue for you it won’t hurt to have it on your system while running programs developed with C++ like Fab and most other application software.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

I'll install and try again. Also in regards to another program locking up the drive, I booted both laptops in safemode and tried it with the same end result (crash). I'll try the C++ runtime install and see where we are at from there.

Comment

So Someday I would like to see some of your DVD Fab logs as there might be some kind of information in them. Also forgot to ask is this a paid version of Fab or free? Have you also checked your drive in device manager?
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I'm using dvdfab 6.2.2.0 beta free (I only use the dvd ripping feature). How do I pull a log? When it crashes it doesn't give a log it just disappears.

Interesting thing happened, I installed the C++ library recommended by 90312 and it loaded the external disc!!! I noticed that I couldn't choose to remove annoying PGC's which is part of the pathplayer feature, so I enabled pathplayer and restarted the program. When I loaded dvdfab it crashed again. So I turned off pathplayer and now it won't load anymore so I'm back where I started.

Comment

That's really odd? Did you reboot after the crash?

Albert Einstein

Comment

So Someday
              Do you have any older movies say a year so can you rip them? C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log.
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Ok no idea what the hell the deal is here. I ran REVO uninstaller again and got rid of dvdfab 6.2.2.0 beta off the Dell laptop. I reinstalled using yet another fresh download of it and this time it loaded. Path player enabled too!

--however--

I followed the same steps on the Toshiba and this time when the C++ was installed and dvdfab was uninstalled and reinstalled with fresh download it asked me what region the disc was but crashed after I chose region 1. I then tried it with pathplayer disabled and it worked.

So it works... but I can't choose to remove annoying PGC's which I love as a feature.

So I now have it working on both computers, on the Dell pathplayer works, on the Toshiba pathplayer does not (not enabled and not enabled when needed)

So I think the C++ was something important so thank you for that idea!

Now that it's working... is there any way to work on getting pathplayer to work?

Comment

Tried to run it again today... crashed again. I have no clue what the deal is.

Comment

sometimes drive letter assignments get corrupted. Do you know how to change the drive letter of your external drive, just move it up out of the normal assigned range. Mine are S:\ or Z:\ or something like that. Need help with that let me know.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I'll try change it to a high value such as S:/ and report back.

Comment

You guys are patient on this. I would have thrown the PC/Drive out the window by now.
                        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I hate to give up on a good mystery, but that is likely my next bit of advice. I'm seeing several cases like this on other forums and all are internal ODDs in external cases. The OP might just have to face facts and buy an external drive built for the purpose.

Albert Einstein

Comment

It doesn't bother me enough to shell out for a new device yet. I'm going to keep hashing away at it with hopes that something will kick it in the butt and get it working. It seems insane that it would start working then quit on me like that. Damn the gremlins in the machines.

Comment

So Someday is it possible for you to connect this external drive on a friends computer and do a test that way? Also what kind of anti virus and spyware software are you using, and if you have them are they installed on both laptops?

I hate to say it again but, I still believe that something has control of the drive. I hope we figure this out and I learn something.

Comment

I've ran it on 2 different laptops so far. If I get a chance tonight I'm going to hook it up to a desktop, then hook it up internally to the desk top. Hopefully with that it will help narrow down the possibility of what is giving me such grief.

Comment

Working...
                                X