Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright pain in my butt. New release 7.0.1.0 beta crashes on the Toshiba as well. I tried it on the Dell and it worked. I tried it back on the Toshiba and it worked so I figured I would try recreating what I had done in an attempt to see if I came up with a solution (turning off the wifi made it work in that instance.) I rebooted, and it started crashing again. I one by one shut down my running software, AVG free, ZoneAlarm firewall. Still crashes. I rebooted and shut down the programs before plugging in the drive, crashed again. Getting about frustrated enough to get a different drive haha. Maybe I'll try tweaking the internal to be faster (est. time for external is typically 20min full 8 gig, 1hr. to 1hr and 15min for internal )

Comment

I disabled every single thing listed as a startup item in CCleaner on the toshiba and it still crashes. This is getting personal.

Comment

I think I'd be filing the whole thing in a big bin.......
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Developed a solution. I wrote my HDD to zeroes then installed Windows 7 Ultimate. I've avoided using windows 7 just because of all the troubles I'm seeing everyone have with regards to database management but I decided to try it on the Toshiba. It worked.

Solution for now: Windows 7 and DVDFab 7.0.1.0 works on the external samsung drive. The drive wasn't the trouble because it worked on the Dell. Something about XP was being a piece... and I love XP so very much.

I'll post back if it starts crapping out again but for now it has worked with several test discs.

Comment

Working...
          X