Slow backing up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow backing up

Something odd just started happening It used to take about 20-25 minutes to back up discs, now in the last week or so the back up is taking well over an hour. Everything has been the same, I checked my burner, I even used a secondary burner and same result no matter what disc I am backing up the process is taking triple the normal time. I cannot figure out why its suddenly takin so long. Example Blue Bloods tv series disc 1-6 season 9 are all taking over an hour but that is the latest example, every disc is doing same thing.

Like I said it starts off normal, gets to about 35% in few minutes then slows way down and rest of disc takes hour to back up. I updated to newest version so that is up to date

Please help....

Thanks

Kevin

I notice the CPU meter in the upper right corner is showing barely above zero, that is slower then it used to be could that be a reason why backing up is so slow?? Not sure how to make that faster

Comment

Yeah i think it has something to do with DVDFAB. I used Mac version on my Macbook and it also takes over an hour to back up when it used to take just 20 minutes or so. Also used another laptop and same issue, taking way too long to back up. This just started recently. It is taking almost 2 hours to do a back up on any disc I try. Seems to be with the speed. I can try and post the log info if needed

Comment

Hello, please pot dvdfab_internal.log, burn log and fabcheck_internal.log file to help check this problem, thanks.

Comment

Whats the best way to do that? Not sure how to do the fabcheck log and the burn log looks empty but maybe I am not sure what to look for...thanks

Comment

The dvdfab internal says error uploading image wont let me put it in. It is a huge file could be why
            Attached Files

Comment

internal log
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Mona; 09-24-2019, 04:31 AM. Reason: edit it as an attachment

Comment

From the log file, you were using an old version to copy the movies, please use the latest v11.0.5.1 to copy the NCIS_S16 series again and see if it will make a difference.
                Also, except for the DVD series NCIS_S16, do you have the same slow issue with other DVD movies?

Comment

It is version 11.0.5.1 I updated it prior to backing up discs. And yes every one I try takes well over 1 hour to back up. I tried several other movies I have and tv series and same result.

And like I said in original posting, it will start off fine, gets to about 30% or so in just a few minutes then at that point it slows way down, the cpu is almost zero and then it takes over an hour to do the rest. It is kinda weird it just suddenly slows down at around 30 % or so...

Comment

Updated to 11.0.5.2 still having issue with it taking long time to back up. In fact now it is taking long time to get out of the scanning mode. It took about 5-6 minutes before it got to the point of backing up, then it took over hour to do actual back up and this was on several movies. So nothing really has changed

Comment

log
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Mona; 10-17-2019, 04:10 AM. Reason: move text to attachment for better view

Comment

Now I cant even post the log, says parse error or something like that...syntax error when I post

Comment

Now I cant even post the log, says parse error or something like that...syntax error when I post

Comment

Newest log still issues
                            Attached Files

Comment

Is there an issue with this website??

Comment

Working...
                              X