No announcement yet.

Slow backing up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What exactly is the purchase link? Is that the logs? I will send once I know

Comment

Originally posted by kshduckman1170 View Post
      What exactly is the purchase link? Is that the logs? I will send once I know
      Oh, I meant from which site you purchased the discs? Please send us the URL to that specific site, so that we can be sure that we get the same discs as yours for testing. If you don't have that URL, provide the UPC code which can be found on the disc case. Thanks.

Comment

0 43396 55864 9 not sure the 0 in the beginning and the 9 at the end is needed but thats the UPC code from The Blacklist Season 6

Comment

I am now sure it is Sony related tv shows. Here is another one that took well over an hour to back up. All other movies and tv shows I recently tried went well, less then 25 minutes...BUT S.W.A.T Season 2 UPC code 43396 55877 from a local store here....it took over 90 minutes to back up each disc. And it is a Sony release

Comment

Originally posted by kshduckman1170 View Post
            I am now sure it is Sony related tv shows. Here is another one that took well over an hour to back up. All other movies and tv shows I recently tried went well, less then 25 minutes...BUT S.W.A.T Season 2 UPC code 43396 55877 from a local store here....it took over 90 minutes to back up each disc. And it is a Sony release
            Thank you for the info and update, we are waiting for our copy. Please kindly wait.

Comment

We have the discs now and are checking them.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

kshduckman,

I found these copy times for the Blacklist Season 6 discs, still checking the SWAT ones.
                Copied as Full Disc to local HDD folder, i7 CPU, LG full size BE16NU50 USB 3.0 drive
                Disc 1 total time 10:35 peak speed 14.4 MB/s
                Disc 2 total time 15:12 peak speed 11.2 MB/s
                Disc 4 total time 9:45 peak speed 13.7 MB/s so no speed issues. Possibly try a different drive if you have not already. I will update the SWAT discs later.

UPDATE:
                Similar results with S.W.A.T. Season 2 discs, about 10 minutes to copy at similar speeds. The problem seems to be on your PC or drives, possibly a DMA problem if it is an older PC with a non-SATA motherboard. The developers may have some ideas that could help.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

kshduckman1170 All of the logs you have supplied were from an earlier version of DVDFab. Please take the following steps:
                  1. Download DVDFab v11.0.5.6 and install it. You can get it here https://www.dvdfab.cn/mlink/download...Fab11_x64_FULL or here (32 bit) https://www.dvdfab.cn/mlink/download...=DVDFab11_FULL Use the As Administrator option to install
                  2. Use Windows Explorer to open Computer\Libraries\(My)Documents\DVDFab11 and delete the entire log folder.
                  3. Restart DVDFab and place either Blacklist S6 D1 or SWAT S2 D1 in your drive and make a Full Disc copy set for DVD9 size output to your HDD, noting the speed as it copies.
                  4. Attach the new DVDFab internal log session to a new post

This will help find a solution to your problem, thanks.

Comment

Hmmm Well I will try what you asked and see. But the weird part is it does not happen on other discs. I have no issue at all with other ones, it takes about 15-20 minutes to back up with no issue but recent Sony series have been the issue. I have several besides The Blacklist and SWAT. The PC is under a year old, very up to date. I use an external dvd writer, I did try another one and same result. I would get perfect results on other discs but ones like SWAT and The Blacklist and others still took 90 minutes or so. I think i did mention before, the weird part is it will be going along great and at 33 or 34 % it will just die and drag and from that point on is when it gets slow and takes forever. I ever tried it on my Mac...some discs took 15 minutes others took over an hour. Like I said it was really weird. BUT I will try what you asked and see....thx for update though Oh and I did try a older version of dvdfab it was a version 10 something and I had same results, I backed up a movie no issue then I tried The Blacklist and it dragged on.

Comment

Here is something else to try: If you do not have the free burning program ImgBurn, download and install it. You can find it here:http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download Open it up and under Tools in the menu, select Reset DMA. It will pop up a box, click OK. It will then pop up a box to tell you what it found. If it was successful, try your discs again with DVDFab and tell us the results.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1-011RESETDMA_IMG.png Views:	1 Size:	36.5 KB ID:	374253

Comment

Working...
                      X