• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, just thought of this...

Just thought of this...
    Go into Fab > CommonSettings > Read
    What I/O Mode are you in?
    It should be in Auto or SPTI. Even VSO now uses SPTI as its access layer.

Try all 3...what the heck
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

You know what guys, I have downloaded a whole bunch of free CD/DVD burning programs and they all have problems with this drive. It may just be time to get a new one. I have been using this one for at leats 4 years. It did start getting louder lately. Going to get a new SATA one today.

One little side question:
      This burner I have is recognized in Explorer and I can copy files from it. I could just copy the files, paste em to a folder on my hard drive, and use DVDfab's "Free DVD" program (to strip the protections) for the ripping part. right?

Maineman - tried your recommendations. still nothing. my family's from lewiston and auburn

Comment

Originally posted by scottyb View Post
        You know what guys, I have downloaded a whole bunch of free CD/DVD burning programs and they all have problems with this drive. It may just be time to get a new one. I have been using this one for at leats 4 years. It did start getting louder lately. Going to get a new SATA one today.
        Excellent decision
        Originally posted by scottyb View Post
        One little side question:
        This burner I have is recognized in Explorer and I can copy files from it. I could just copy the files, paste em to a folder on my hard drive, and use DVDfab's "Free DVD" program (to strip the protections) for the ripping part. right?

Maineman - tried your recommendations. still nothing. my family's from lewiston and auburn
        Sorry scotty,

These are copy protected discs correct ?
        You can't copy the files to any location without decrypting them...
        a process known as ripping.

Let us know what happens after installing your new burner.

Were you able to figure out how your burner is cabled and configured in your bios?
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
        X