Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New desktop system with Windows 7 quality for DVDfab isn't good...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New desktop system with Windows 7 quality for DVDfab isn't good...

I recently purchased a new desktop and my hard drive is SATA now and I have Windows 7 Home Edition. The quality with DVDfab used to look really great on my older system when I had IDE hard drive and Windows XP Home Edition. The quality looked so much better when I used DVDfab on my older system. Now when someone is moving or walking there is like a blur when they move.

Is it because I am still using DVDfab 6? Or is it a setting I have to do? I need some help with this! Thanks so much.

It is probably the intigrated graphics that is on the motherboard on your computer. So need you to read what is posted below and post the info that is asked in your next post reply especially the computer specs part at the bottom

Help Us Help You

If you are posting about an operational problem with one of the DVDFab products, you will improve the speed and accuracy of the response by providing some information in the very first post that will probably be needed.

First, make note of any error codes or messages that appear in popup boxes and put them in your post. Information on error codes that appear in the DVDFab UI are captured in one of the logs we request below.

DVDFab keeps logs of its activities that supply basic system information and can help pinpoint where and when an error happened and help pinpoint the cause. The default location for these logs on most Windows systems is:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

The logs are simple text files that can be opened with Windows Notepad if you want to read them. If the size exceeds the forum’s attachment size limit, you may need to delete older entries or copy and paste the relevant ones into a new file. The log files can be attached to a post using the "Manage Attachments" button below the editing box.

dvdfab_burn_vso.log Attach for all problems. The entries are time stamped with the most recent at the top.

dvdfab_burn_imgburn.log Attach if you have ImgBurn set as the burning engine and the problem concerns disc burning. Time stamped with the most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_process.log Attach if DVDFab crashes and the crash report window does not come up or complete correctly or if internal error codes appear in the DVDFab window (“Task Failed…”). Time stamped, most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_internal.log Attach for all problems. Time stamped, most recent at the bottom. Please edit to include only the most recent or relevant log session.

Other Information:

Depending on the nature of the problem, it can help to know:
    If this happens with all discs or just one
    Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration
    If you are using external hard drives or optical drives
    If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware
    If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added.

Posts with all the requested information will be answered first.

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
      It is probably the intigrated graphics that is on the motherboard on your computer. So need you to read what is posted below and post the info that is asked in your next post reply especially the computer specs part at the bottom

If you are posting about an operational problem with one of the DVDFab products, you will improve the speed and accuracy of the response by providing some information in the very first post that will probably be needed.

First, make note of any error codes or messages that appear in popup boxes and put them in your post. Information on error codes that appear in the DVDFab UI are captured in one of the logs we request below.

DVDFab keeps logs of its activities that supply basic system information and can help pinpoint where and when an error happened and help pinpoint the cause. The default location for these logs on most Windows systems is:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

The logs are simple text files that can be opened with Windows Notepad if you want to read them. If the size exceeds the forum’s attachment size limit, you may need to delete older entries or copy and paste the relevant ones into a new file. The log files can be attached to a post using the "Manage Attachments" button below the editing box.

I added my two logs.

dvdfab_process.log Attach if DVDFab crashes and the crash report window does not come up or complete correctly or if internal error codes appear in the DVDFab window (“Task Failed…”). Time stamped, most recent at the bottom.

NO errors like this happened

If this happens with all discs or just one

All

Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration

This is the desktop I have: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...124965&lang=en

If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware

Got a whole new system, all the details are in the link above.

If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added.

I'm using "CyberLink DVD Suite Deluxe" That came with the system.

Posts with all the requested information will be answered first.
      Hope I answered everything.
      Attached Files

Comment

In addition to the info requested by AGJ, be sure to explain what you mean by,
        "Now when someone is moving or walking there is like a blur when they move...".

Is this a burned dvd?
        Files viewed from the hdd? (and if no, how do these files play when viewed from your hdd?)
        How does the original dvd play on your pc?
        How does playback look on the preview window in Fab?
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

The burn log that you posted does not contain any portion of the actual burn process.
          Please look again and post that portion where the burn occurred

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
            In addition to the info requested by AGJ, be sure to explain what you mean by,
            "Now when someone is moving or walking there is like a blur when they move...".

Is this a burned dvd?
            Files viewed from the hdd? (and if no, how do these files play when viewed from your hdd?)
            How does the original dvd play on your pc?
            How does playback look on the preview window in Fab?
            On my old system, when I used DVDfab everything looked fine, like it was a store bought DVD (which it was lol). But when I use DVDfab on my new PC it looks blurry when someone is moving or the camera is moving. like it's missing pixels when they move.

My computer DVD plays back the burnt DVD the same when. When I play the original copy, it's not like how the DVDfab one is.

Comment

You have intigrated graphics on the motherboard and not a graphics card which is why you are seeing a blurr for fast action. It not a DVDFab issue but rather low quality computer graphics as it seems HP used a low quality motherboard with cheap intigrated graphics. I would look into a graphic card that can use one of your available PCI slots as this is what available

PCI One (One available)
              PCI Express x16 One (One available)
              PCI Express x1 Two (Two available)

I'm not much of a computer hardware person so maybe someone else can give a better suggestion other than what I said already. Another way to find out if it the intigrated graphics is to play a fast action computer game to see if that problem happens for the game as well

Comment

You have intigrated graphics on the motherboard and not a graphics card which is why you are seeing a blurr for fast action. It not a DVDFab issue but rather low quality computer graphics as it seems HP used a low quality motherboard with cheap intigrated graphics. I would look into a graphic card that can use one of your available PCI slots as this is what available

PCI One (One available)
                PCI Express x16 One (One available)
                PCI Express x1 Two (Two available)

I'm not much of a computer hardware person so maybe someone else can give a better suggestion other than what I said already. Another way to find out if it the intigrated graphics is to play a fast action computer game to see if that problem happens for the game as well
                Thanks for the info! I figured it wasn't DVDfabs fault as I had no problems with it on my other system lol. Ughhh, I do not understand HP, if I am going to upgrade my system, don't you think I want BETTER quality? ughhh! Now I have to shell out more money on this PC.

I found this one on amazon http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-01G-P3-N9...9308908&sr=8-1

Do you think it's a good one?

Comment

I'm not much of a computer hardware person so not really know which is good or not. All I know is when I got my first computer I was asked if I was going to play games and movies on it and if I was I would need a better graphics card other than the on board graphics and they said if I was going to and used the onboard graphics I would have the same issue you are having now. Maybe another member will post and let you know what would be good for you and that computer

Comment

You have intigrated graphics on the motherboard and not a graphics card which is why you are seeing a blurr for fast action.
                    Thanks AGJ, I totally missed the OP's link for his pc specs.

@Mattcharles,

I suspect you have more than one issue here.
                    How much are you compressing the video when you rip?

AGJ is correct to point out your "onboard" video as the weak link, but the poor playback is probably a function of how much compression is applied as well.
                    Your original disc plays ok, so if you ripped a non-compressed file with Fab (dvd9), it follows that the playback should be the same as the original.
                    (It's digital media and it's not compressed).

Again, what happens when you playback the movie from the hdd?
                    Please try this using VLC...it's free, does not rely on external codecs and will play darn near anything.

The video card is "ok", but you're under-powered ...even for this card.
                    Your psu should be at least 300+ watts and reliable watts according to the specs.

Like I said, the card is decent, but you could never get a high-end card in this rig anyway and frankly, I don't think this one will run on 250 watts.

Keep in mind that if you replace the onboard video, you'll have to disable the video adapter in your bios and enable the PCI-E (x16) card.

Sorry for the "bad news", but you're asking for a big headache if you don't upgrade your psu.
                    You'll have to see what will fit, if you go this route.

It might be better to just not compress.

Comment

thanks maineman as I thought he said the originals play same way but re-read and found out they do not but play better. I would try the compression part first to rule out the graphics issue.

Comment

@maineman

Hmmm, ok here is what I was doing, after I use DVDfab, I then use DVDshrink to fit the DVD on DVD-R.

BUT, I have just used DVDshrink and not DVDfab and the playback worked just fine like it did on my other PC.

This was my other PC:

I had no issues with the play back when I did DVDfab and then DVDshrink on my old PC, everything was clear and looked great.

But now with my new PC, I can only use DVDshrink with the play back looking good. If I do DVDfab and DVDshrink, it looks blurry when a fast movement is in the film. I hope I made sense here lol.

So do you think something else is the issue? or the graphic card? Also, is this an easy installation I can do myself?

Comment

Yes, I think something else is causing your problem. Again, that's not to say that your onboard video chip isn't the weak link here
                          and that it may be exacerbating whatever problem you're having

We need specifics.
                          Exactly what application are you using? retail app, freeware?

Please rip a file with Fab and Fab only.
                          Do not use anything else and do not compress the file.
                          (It sounds like you're using the freeware version of Fab anyway).

Does it playback from the hdd with VLC without problems?

Now compress it and tell me how much you're compressing...
                          Does it play back from the hdd with VLC without problems?
                          Are you able to compress it with Fab? (retail version) or did you have to use shrink?
                          Please include this info when posting back.

You never posted any burn logs.
                          We need that portion of the log where the actual burning occurred.

Please post a successful burn log, ie., "good disc"
                          and
                          an unsuccessful burn, ie., "poor quality disc"

The devil's in the details...

Comment

Sorry to barge in here. I usually don't post in forums much, but I was reading this thread, and decided to try something on my computer. I am running 3 large monitors, two on an ASUS 9800GT PCIE x16 card, and one on an onboard Geforce 6100.
                            I can watch any ISO, or mounted Movie folder or DVD, on either PCIE monitor, and it is perfect. On the monitor running with the onboard card,, it is choppy, and I have the ghosting (blurring)that is being talked about. It makes it almost unwatchable.

There are probably other problems involved with Mattcharles problem, but one problem is most likely what AJG mentioned. Onboard cards use shared system memory and that can also cause problems on memory intensive applications like movies. The card and the software, (Nero, WinDVD, Easy DVD,, DVDFAB, etc.) might be trying to access the same block of physical memory, and that could cause a bunch of crazy stuff, including system crashes, video problems, etc. It might also cause unseen problems when ripping a DVD.

Maineman's suggestion about a bigger power supply is dead on, also.

Having a card with it's own memory,, and having plenty of system memory, and having a larger PS, might not cure all his problems, but it would take three very likely problems out of the equation.

Comment

Originally posted by dperino View Post
                              Sorry to barge in here.
                              First off, you're not remotely barging.
                              We appreciate the info and your taking the time to post.

I have no doubt that the on-board video is related...and maybe more than just related.
                              However, strange that the OP can rip and compress with shrink, but problems arise when compressing with Fab.
                              It may be something as basic as the amount of compression applied, but who knows?
                              We definitely need more specifics.

No doubt Matt will benefit hugely from a more robust psu and improved video graphics, but this is the OP's call...at least at this time (and ultimately his anyway).

Comment

Working...
                              X