X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
    ruslruslrusl
    Give this a try uninstall DVD Fab with its uninstaller then download the newest beta version but, when downloading Fab do not click run, click save and after it saves to your download folder a message should appear to open folder, open it but, right click Fab and click install it as administrator and see if this helps.
    Didn't work. And actually, I've been having problems with version 7. It will run right after I install it, but if I alter any settings it stops running. I open the program and the process starts and appears in task manager, but immediately dies. I've tried compatibility troubleshooting and permissions with no success.

Comment

How long have you had Win7 installed?
      Any problems with Win7 aside from the Fab problems?
      I know I hate the thought of reformatting, but we've all been there.

A few ideas.
      What burn engine are you using?
      (You may already be using Img...sorry if I missed it in your posts).

Uninstall Fab again and wipe out all traces you can find.
      You might consider running Revo Uninstaller as well.

Run CCleaner and be certain to delete the old Prefetch data
      Tick on Advanced > Old Prefetch data

Enter device manager and scroll down to VSO (at or near the bottom)
      Click + to expand and then delete all instances of Patin-Couffin driver
      You may have multiple installs.

You actually don't even need it as VSO now uses SPTI and only VSO software used p-c driver anyway.

Now grab a new download of Fab...save the installer prior to running
      Right click and install as administrator.

Prior to install...untick VSO (installing VSO will automatically reinstall the patin-couffin driver).
      Anytime you want VSO all you need to do is install Fab and leave the installer on default settings.

You'll need Img to use as a burn engine. Img is a far more reliable and configurable burn engine.
      Here'a link for a video tutorial to set up Img and Fab (also a download link):

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDab to work together

Oh yeah, I meant to ask...could you post your motherboard make and model?
      I built a Win7 64-bit rig last Oct. It's been running great, but I did have problems initially with the install and AHCI drivers and finally went with IDE and never looked back
      I've read about users on both sides of this.
      Thanks.
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
        How long have you had Win7 installed?
        Any problems with Win7 aside from the Fab problems?
        I know I hate the thought of reformatting, but we've all been there.

A few ideas.
        What burn engine are you using?
        (You may already be using Img...sorry if I missed it in your posts).

Uninstall Fab again and wipe out all traces you can find.
        You might consider running Revo Uninstaller as well.

Run CCleaner and be certain to delete the old Prefetch data
        Tick on Advanced > Old Prefetch data

Enter device manager and scroll down to VSO (at or near the bottom)
        Click + to expand and then delete all instances of Patin-Couffin driver
        You may have multiple installs.

You actually don't even need it as VSO now uses SPTI and only VSO software used p-c driver anyway.

Now grab a new download of Fab...save the installer prior to running
        Right click and install as administrator.

Prior to install...untick VSO (installing VSO will automatically reinstall the patin-couffin driver).
        Anytime you want VSO all you need to do is install Fab and leave the installer on default settings.

You'll need Img to use as a burn engine. Img is a far more reliable and configurable burn engine.
        Here'a link for a video tutorial to set up Img and Fab (also a download link):

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDab to work together

Oh yeah, I meant to ask...could you post your motherboard make and model?
        I built a Win7 64-bit rig last Oct. It's been running great, but I did have problems initially with the install and AHCI drivers and finally went with IDE and never looked back
        I've read about users on both sides of this.
        Thanks.
        I've had Win7 for about 3 months or so now. I experienced a few speed bumps with functionality and software compatibility, but nothing really major. I was trying to use the DVDFab engine. I have ImgBurn, but I figured I should be able to use Fab's since I paid for it. What features of Revo should I use? Ran CCleaner. I didn't see VSO or Patin-Couffin anywhere in Device Manager or Programs & Features. My mobo is a Gigabyte GA-MA69GM-S2H (rev. 1.0). Thanks.

Comment

For Revo I usually use the Hunter Mode or a Forced uninstall depending on how lazy I am that day. Also Revo has the option to clean files from computer as well

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
            For Revo I usually use the Hunter Mode or a Forced uninstall depending on how lazy I am that day. Also Revo has the option to clean files from computer as well
            Didn't work. Still won't recognize drives. I have it configured to burn with ImgBurn for now, but I still want to figure out why Fab won't recognize my drives in Win7.

Comment

Bummer!
              I just popped in quick to take a look.
              So Fab is working ok with Img?
              No problems ripping and no problems burning with Img?
              Your ODDs are populated accurately in the Target box?

I know that you want VSO to work and this isn't really a fix, but most of us use and prefer Img.
              Also, VSO is problematic and some users are forced to use Img.
              Strange that there is no trace of patin-couffin...last I knew it was still being loaded even though VSO is using SPTI.

As signals often says,
              "I love a good mystery".
              And in the words of another user, "Yeah, as long as it isn't on my system!"

...I'll chew on this some more when I get a chance.
              If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
              X