Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am also unable to rip the New Moon DVD... I'm trying the Fully registered version of 7.0.2.7... I have Path Player enabled, and I'm choosing Title 12 (Playtime 1:56:06) which DVDFAB chose automatically... there is also a Title 1 (Playtime 2:10:32) available to choose from as well I suppose.

Trying to RIP to Disk fails during the copy of VTS_01_3.VOB at around 26.91% of the way through the task.

Comment

GrayWinst
      If you put the DVD in a soft player or your DVD player and as the movie is playing notice what title is playing for the movie and that will be the title you want to copy.
      I have also notice that Fab picked the wrong title for me as well.
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Great advice... I needed Title 1, but I still received a failure (this time at 32.72%).

From the Internal Log
        ================
        DVDFab 7.0.2.7 (2010/03/25 17:58:07)

0m 01.07s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
        0m 04.42s: detected dvd
        0m 04.46s: drive E
        0m 04.46s: video dvd 1
        0m 04.46s: volume label TWILIGHT_SAGA_NEW_MOON
        0m 04.62s: got copyright 1 fe
        0m 05.23s: got udf/iso
        0m 06.93s: got discinfo
        0m 53.35s: detected dvd
        0m 53.40s: drive E
        0m 53.40s: video dvd 1
        0m 53.40s: volume label TWILIGHT_SAGA_NEW_MOON
        0m 53.71s: got copyright 1 fe
        0m 54.34s: got udf/iso
        0m 55.71s: got discinfo
        1m 08.23s: got dvdinfo

Comment

GrayWinst
          When are you getting the error read or write?
          Try ripping to your hard and then playing it with VLC you can download it here http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ it is a free program, while ripping it to your hard drive if you get an error through Fab about reading the disc click Ignore all Errors
          and let the process continue, the play the file with VLC.
          Post back with results
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion... I'll give it a try. I'm trying to RIP just Title 1 to my HD now, I'm getting errors on writing. I'll choose Ignore All Errors and hope it proceeds through (the drive is making all kinds of wild noises at about 32.81%)... I'm using 7.0.2.7 and I've completely removed/reinstalled all DVDFAB software and ensured that Pathfinding was enabled.

Comment

Give the latest official release a try, also make sure pathplayer is set to ALWAYS ENABLED and that the DVD does not have any fingerprints or dirt on it

DVDFab 7.0.3.0 is out (March 26, 2010)

Comment

I had to stop... I was getting worried that the constant head-movement and stuttering sounds from the DVD drive might damage it (and it wasn't progressing), so I stopped it. I guess I'll wait and try again some other time with perhaps a new beta release. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Wow... I didn't want to believe it (since it seemed like a "cop out') but in fact my DVD was damaged in some way. I returned it to the store, downloaded the now released DVDFAB 7.0.3.0 (which I had tried on the bad DVD) and tried again with the new one... pure success, no problems at all...

Comment

GrayWinst
                    Glad your burning now.

Comment

DVdfab select the wrong titleset and it had not been fixed yet

Comment

Working...
                      X