Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a Dell Dimension 4600 series machine so the BIOS is a little less than tech friendly (i.e. with overly simple with fewer options than expected but I got the machine for free so who am I to complain..) UDMA was set for all drives, and drive type select on auto. I'll try massaging the settings at a later point but for right now the point is a little moot as the machine in question could not find it's c drive today. It might all boil down to a failing drive interfereing, we'll see once I put a new drive in if it still does it after a fresh os install. I'll keep you all posted. Thanks.

Comment

And yeah, I'll be getting a different av package and ripping out norton, thanks for the input. I'll be trying out NOD32

Comment

Ok friends, for those following along. I popped in a new sata drive, got it up and running, loaded win xp pro and all the updates and sp3, then from there installed fab 7.0.2.7 beta. It still did the same thing, so I popped in version 6, enabled the DMA through it's interface, and then tried running 7, and it worked perfectly. So for the coders there is something that causes 7.0.2.7 beta to crash if DMA is not enabled. Thanks everyone for all the help.

Comment

knightmage
          Glad you got it working, but I still beleive your other drive is still good.
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Answer Version 7 Failing to start

I am glad to see you fixed your problem with dvdfab 7. I too had the very same problem. I can't believe I didn't figure this problem out sooner. When ever dvdfab starts it automatically check DMA. The pop up you used to get from version 6. However I believe it is a bug in the software in version 7 that doesn't trigger the pop up telling you to enable DMA Support. The reason others didn't have the same problem is because they already had DMA Support enabled. I think those new to DVDFAB might not know to enable DMA prior to attempting to run Version 7.

Comment

Working...
            X