This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sherlock Holmes dvd failed to burn????

I just resently purchased a new copy of DVD Sherlock Holmes. I tried making a copy using dvd fab V7.0.3.0 I am trying to do main movie. Dvd fab reads it fine but when it ask me to put a dvd so it could start burning it gives me this message "Failed to burn".... havent had any other problems with any other movies what could be going on????

Comment

I just made a copy and it played back perfect. (Region 1)
      I set Fab on Movie Only and dvd 9. After it opened up in my fab window i unchecked all the Spanish and Frence settings/Options.
      I ripped it to my hard drive and then compressed it with dvd Shrink and burned with Nero.
      Worked and played without flaws and with perfect clarity.
      Last edited by magnum62; 03-31-2010, 05:53 AM.
      "They say that dog is man's best friend, but they are wrong. Man is dog's best friend. But a dog that will lay down his life to protect his master is man's best friend and a dog that will turn and run at the threat of danger is no friend at all."

Comment

I ripped using Full Disc at DVD-9. Then used DVDShrink to compress to DVD-5.

Comment

I have same problem with Sherlock Holmes and Amelia.
          The out put is set for DVD5 but the file is greater than 4.7 GB. I am using the newest version 7.

Comment

I finally got Sherlock to copy by disabling path player and made a dvd9 copy on a dl blank, movie only, looks good although a few "glitches" in the video.

Comment

It worked great with DVD+RDL and played great the Sherlock Holmes DVD does not have any previews

Comment

Originally posted by richmoral View Post
                I ripped using Full Disc at DVD-9. Then used DVDShrink to compress to DVD-5.

Where can i find dvdshrink free download from im having the same problem too>>>

Comment

send me PM with an email address and I'll send the zip along.

Or you can get it here: http://www.mrbass.org/dvdshrink/
                  Last edited by 90312; 04-02-2010, 03:15 AM.
                  How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                  Albert Einstein

Comment

success with SH

Yes they did something tricky with this movie. Even after using DVDFab in DVD-5 mode, to fit on a single disc, it still seems too large to fit.
                    Here's how I succeeded:
                    1) Ran DVDFab in DVD-5 mode (full movie)
                    2) Ran Fix VTS over finished movie files
                    3) Ran DVD Shrink to compress it to the right size.
                    4) Nero to burn to regular DVD disc.

I don't really know if Fix VTS accomplished anything, because the files looked the same when it was done, but I'm just reporting what I did because the end result works on my DVD Player just fine.

Comment

just a quick tips if you like to use it or not. I always used DvD9 to burn the movie into the hard drive, then I use the DvD5 to burn it back to regular DvD disk. I don't have a BluRay player so I don't know does it works the same or not so far it's work fine for me.

Comment

sherlock holmes can be copyed

get a copy of the blueray two disc ,one copy is blueray other is dvd/ digital copy copy that copy comes out 100% 3000 something mb,copys perfectly on dvd-5

Comment

I have help

Originally posted by allenv30 View Post
                          Program says movie is too large, that is movie only no extra. comes out at 111 percent. any suggestions?
                          put the dvd fab on "split", it will take two blank disc to burn the movie, but it works.....

Comment

being not too savvy wondering how / where does one use shrink? thanks in advance for "spelling" it out

Comment

You'll find a good guide and can download the program here: http://mrbass.org/dvdshrink/
                              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                              Albert Einstein

Comment

sherlock holmes

i used dvd fab and put it on the hard drive and then burned it with XXX XXXXX and it works great
                                Last edited by Guest; 04-03-2010, 05:00 PM. Reason: removed software name

Comment

Working...
                                X