This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dvd fab

I had the same problem put in a dl disc and it made the disc. my program said it was ripping in dvd5 an 4.3gb but it always came up with 5.55gb I think that is the problem.

Comment

sherlock homes

anyone having a problem burning sherlock holmes?
      it keeps on prompting... "do you want to burn again?"
      have tried 3 different blank discs.
      am using ver 7.0.3.0, with pathplayer= on
      (sorry i was not able to write down the error code, I think it was =2 or =3)

Comment

Hi sieast,

I'm merging your thread with the thread currently running in the DVD to DVD subforum on this flick.
        Hopefully, you can get some help/answers
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by sireast View Post
          anyone having a problem burning sherlock holmes?
          it keeps on prompting... "do you want to burn again?"
          have tried 3 different blank discs.
          am using ver 7.0.3.0, with pathplayer= on
          (sorry i was not able to write down the error code, I think it was =2 or =3)
          Are you using DVD5 or DVD9 setting? At present you can back up this movie as per other posts in this thread with various products. If you set fab to DVD9 and burn onto a DL disk no problems. Not sure about the VSO engine as I use Imgburn. Hope this helps
          Chris

Comment

when your done with the copy. use split disc and put main movie on 1st disc and menu on 2nd. then start. it copied for me no problem.

Comment

Sherlock Holmes rips pefectly with main movie only, PP on, as a DVD 9. From what I have read in other posts, there is an issue ripping to dvd 5 (s/l). Was curious though why compress your dvd's. The price of d/l is very reasonable.

Comment

I tired several different ways to copy Sherlock Holmes. They all ended in the same way, either using the DVD 9 or DVD 5 the results were the same. The same size file was created, no matter what I did, I could get a copy except using a DVD 9. Using a DVD 5 created the error others have reported.

I thought that if I could get it copied to a DVD 9, I could then copy it again and record on to a single layer, wrong. No matter what I did, the file of the Sherlock Holmes DVD WILL NOT compress. Whatever Warner has used, stays with the copying. Hope someone comes up with a fix.

Just a quick note, tried several different versions of DVDFAB including the newest and several of the DVDFAB 6 series. Received same results on all versions. The brand of DVD used, I used four major brands, did not make any difference.

LVRC
                Last edited by lvrc; 04-01-2010, 06:40 AM.

Comment

READ READ READ...........just use shrink

Comment

Originally posted by ripvanwinkle1819 View Post
                    Sherlock Holmes rips pefectly with main movie only, PP on, as a DVD 9. From what I have read in other posts, there is an issue ripping to dvd 5 (s/l). Was curious though why compress your dvd's. The price of d/l is very reasonable.
                    I'm having the same issue with Sherlock Holmes. I tried it with pp on/when necessary/ and off. The result still says please insert d/l disc & it ejects my s/l disc.

As far as the question about the discs...Probably to save h/d space you'd use a s/l. I use portable h/ds and I need the space. Plus last time I checked d/l was not reasonable. It was at least double the price as a 50 disc s/l pack for only around 20 d/l discs.

Comment

I have tried this multiple ways myself including letting pass key open and running through shrink, yet when i open in fab no go. has anyone successfully done this on single layer. am i missing a step, hate it when someting whips me like this
                      thanks
                      giz

Comment

As I reported on the DVDFab subforum on the CD freaks website, I backed this title over two weeks ago with Fab 6.2.2.0 beta (whole disk) to my HD. Launched DVD Shrink, loaded the full disk, took out extraneous audio files and Shrink then compressed to a single layer size and saved as an ISO file. Used ImageBurn to burn it to a single layer disk and tested it on 2 standalone players (Sony HD recorder/DVD player and an Onkyo DVD/DVD Audio/SACD player) and it played fine. Didn't watch the whole movie on both but did skip through some chapters as well as letting it play for a while on each and it ran fine. I didn't see any pixillating or lousy colors or anything.
                        I just don't get it on problems people are having with this title and the workarounds people post.

Comment

Originally posted by Miami View Post
                          As I reported on the DVDFab subforum on the CD freaks website...
                          Welcome to the officially supported forums. DVDFab tried to shut those old forums down after the move to avoid confusion, but CD freaks didn't want to give up the ad revenue that the traffic generates.

Comment

Originally posted by checkers View Post
                            READ READ READ...........just use shrink
                            You're absolutely correct! I used with Imgburn and it worked like a charm.

Comment

I cannot find the dvd shrink download anywhere. can somebody point me or put it up for download? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post
                                Welcome to the officially supported forums. DVDFab tried to shut those old forums down after the move to avoid confusion, but CD freaks didn't want to give up the ad revenue that the traffic generates.
                                I've been a member of the old forum for almost 6 years and I guess old habits die hard!

Comment

Working...
                                X