This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sherlock Holmes giving problems also

Tried Sherlock Holmes and would not burn to disc. Compression process OK. When gone to burn disc, says "Copy Process failed" and get a "Check media" error using DVD5. Problem solved by using double layer disc and burned correctly. Odd....Maybe it didn't compress. Anything I missed here ?

had you tried with pathplayer disabled?

Comment

Yes. Will endless loop at the analyze stage. The double layered disc played OK.

Comment

Post ALL of the logs. No one can do more than guess without information. Post the logs as attachments.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I have the same problem.

Once the directory is created it looks as if there are 4.8 gigs of data in the Sherlock Holmes directory -- which is too much to write on to a DVD5

Comment

have any of you folks who already have an advance copy of this movie also tried Passkey & maybe DVDShrink as another approach ... just curious ... i'd give it a shot since Passkey is still free ...
            altho i'm sure Fengtao will come up with fix by time flick is generally available to all since it is a popular one ...

Comment

Does the pathplayer shows heavy protection?

Comment

Originally posted by jakish View Post
                have any of you folks who already have an advance copy of this movie also tried Passkey & maybe DVDShrink as another approach ... just curious ... i'd give it a shot since Passkey is still free ...
                altho i'm sure Fengtao will come up with fix by time flick is generally available to all since it is a popular one ...
                This is a compression problem with DVDFab not other software so yes passkey with DVDshrink will work

Comment

Did ya'll try just ripping the files (DVD9). forget about compression or burning .....

The question is does DVDFab at least extract the files to a folder on the HDD ? ? ?

Also give 6.2.1.8 a try, I had one disc that ver 7 would not rip but 6218 did !!!!

EDIT:
                  Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                  This is a compression problem with DVDFab
                  Did you read that somewhere or do you have this disc as well AGJ ? ? ?

AX
                  Last edited by AlienX69; 03-28-2010, 10:18 PM.
                  AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Originally posted by alienx69 View Post

did you read that somewhere or do you have this disc as well agj ? ? ?

Ax
                    I have the DVD!

Comment

workaround

if you can't wait.

burn to hard drive with dvd shrink, then burn to dvd with dvdfab.

i did this and it worked great. got a super copy and works on all my players.

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                        This is a compression problem with DVDFab
                        Hopefully a future update will fix this.

Comment

Well the official release date for this movie is March 30, 2010 so it not even released yet except for those of us who can get the movie a few weeks before release date. I am sure once it released and fengtao can get his hands on it DVDFab will be updated for the movie.

Comment

@AGJ

I'm having a hard time understanding why compression would be an issue, once this is extracted to HDD.

What is the folder size after the extraction when selecting DVD9 as output ?

Guess I'll find out in the very near future ...

Last edited by AlienX69; 03-29-2010, 11:48 AM.
                            AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

sherlock holms workaround

use fab to rip files all of them to a folder and use nero to compress the movie you dont have to disable pathplayer or anything else the iso should be about 4.37 and works flawlessly

Comment

Working...
                              X