This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab not opening

When I double click on the icon to open DVDFab 7 the "Welcome to DVDFab" window opens. It says I have access to DVD to DVD and DVD to mobile with other items on trial. When I click Start DVDFab in the lower right corer of the screen it closes that window and then its just off and the program does not open.

Thoughts?

What version of DVDfab are you using?

Comment

It says its DVDFab 7

Comment

OK go to Local Disk (C)--Program Files--DVDFab 7--then scroll down to the Readme and double click that. Once that is opened it tells you which version is installed. Post back the version once you know

Comment

It says DVDFab 7.0.3.0

Comment

I am having the same issue and just purchased the software

Comment

Hopefully AGJ can tell us how to fix it

Comment

OK, so you are using the latest version. What you could do is remove DVDFab using the uninstaller in Start--All Programs--DVDFab 7--Uninstall DVDFab 7. Once it is uninstalled download CCleaner which is free and run the Registry cleaner of it. You will have to run it a couple times to remove everything that it finds. Once that is done you can install DVDFab 7 again. Before you start the uninstall make sure you have your registration key saved somewhere safe as you will need that to register again. Also when you install make sure you right click the installer and run it as administrator as well

Comment

Will CCleaner effect any of my other programs on my computer?

Comment

it should not affect them as I and many others use it on a regular basis with out issues. It is a great freeware program to have and use because when you uninstall programs they leave files behind and CCleaner finds them and removes them for you. Also these left over files will cause install problems if you wish to install the program you removed again.

Comment

Which boxes of the Cleaner should I select to make sure I remove DVDFab files?

Comment

I would remove everything it find but if you not want to do that then anything that has DVDFab in the name you remove

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                          it should not affect them as I and many others use it on a regular basis with out issues. It is a great freeware program to have and use because when you uninstall programs they leave files behind and CCleaner finds them and removes them for you. Also these left over files will cause install problems if you wish to install the program you removed again.
                          I agree with AGJ as I have used this software for years. CCleaner is also useful for cleaning your computer of old files that programs no longer use when updates are installed which could eventually corrupt your registry.

You can run the cleaner but I would also run the registry option too.
                          Last edited by CBR929; 03-29-2010, 02:28 AM.
                          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

That did not help me. Still wont run. I had no problem with the trial version?

Comment

I did the cleaner and went to Registry and ended up just fixing everything (ran it a few times until it said it did not find anything and reinstalled DVDFab and it still had the registration in it.

Comment

Working...
                              X