This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
    Yes you are right DVDFab does have the option to copy DVD-Audio(Audio_TS folder) according the the screenshot I attached anyways. Now I do not have any DVD Audio to try but the option is there if you select it.

While I realize it's not crystal clear in any documentation, might that screen shot you posted also possibly refer to the audio track ONLY from a DVD VIDEO disc, as opposed to a DVD-A audio disc?

I know all the protections on the DVD-A discs aren't necessarily covered by Fab (including the much-vaunted but still little-used Verance Watermark protection)...

I also have a difficult time imagining why someone would want to copy the audio-only from a VIDEO disc, so it's not that big a jump to figure that DVD-A discs might also be inferred from that screen-shot...

Possibly its creator might want to jump in here and clarify this point, unless one of the mods or the admin. already knows...

DC

Comment

The only time I would want the audio only from a video disc would be a concert DVD, then converting to MP3 with DVD to Mobile generic option. (I'm pretty sure you meant from movies though and I agree, I can't really see why anyone would want to).

Comment

Originally posted by DarthCopier View Post
        While I realize it's not crystal clear in any documentation, might that screen shot you posted also possibly refer to the audio track ONLY from a DVD VIDEO disc, as opposed to a DVD-A audio disc?
        The wording in the GUI is pretty clear IMO, "Copy DVD-Audio (AUDIO_TS folder)". DVD-Audio refers to the format, not audio from a normal DVD. This is reinforced by the fact that it also mentions "AUDIO_TS". AUDIO_TS 100% means DVD-Audio format - audio content on a normal DVD (or the normal DVD-V portion of a DVD-A disc that is included for compatability with normal DVD players) is actually in the VIDEO_TS folder of a DVD.

I remember back when the DVD-Audio functionality was added to DVDFab (there were announcements etc...), and the screenshot shows one of the GUI changes that was made to accomodate the added functionality.

Originally posted by DarthCopier View Post
        I also have a difficult time imagining why someone would want to copy the audio-only from a VIDEO disc, so it's not that big a jump to figure that DVD-A discs might also be inferred from that screen-shot...
        DVD-A ripping is than just inferred from that screenshot - AUDIO_TS is only for DVD-A format discs, nothing else.

I actually am one who extracts audio-only from regular DVDs I prefer surround-sound music to stereo, so since there are a lot more concert/music-video DVDs out there...

It's not very complicated to do (rip the normal DVD, extract/demux the audio with splitting by chapter to get the individual songs in AC3 or DTS format). The end result is surround sound music tracks that can be imported into a music library and played back via suitable software player from a HTPC or similar, i.e., feeding the 'main' living room surround system.

Comment

Can a CD Audio be transferred to a DVD Audio using the above method?.

Comment

I do not think so!!!!
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
            X