X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Win 7 64 Ultimate

Originally posted by ruslruslrusl View Post
    Hi, I'm having several problems with DVDFab 6.2.1.8 and have some questions. I used to use version 5 and had no problems. I recently purchased the lifetime subscription for DVD to DVD and DVD to Mobile. Running Windows 7 64-bit, 4 gb RAM, 2 ghz dual core, Lite-ON IHAS220-08, Lite-ON DH20A4P.

I read in the FAQ that you can't copy a DVD on-the-fly; but I swear I used to be able to do this with 'Full Disc' and 'Clone' mode. 'On-the-fly' just means copy from original disc to blank disc directly, right? Now I can't select my drive as the output directory. Occasionally, it will let me choose it, but it appears as a folder icon, not a disc icon, and when I click 'Start', it says 'Failed to Create Directory'. Also, 'Write Data' mode doesn't work. I can select my source, but I can only select an output ISO; I can't set a drive with blank media as my output.

DMA is enabled, I also reset it in Settings. I've tried several different blank discs. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    If it makes you feel any better, I have the same problem....Win 7 64 Ultimate, and I have had full registered versions of DVDFab since before ver. 4. Now, I just can't get the target box to allow me to select the BD drive as a destination. It asks to save it as an image file... I can rip the data just fine, to VOB and then convert it to ISO etc... but there is no way for me to burn it on to a new blank disc. When I insert a blank disc with DVDFab running, the stupid windows box pops up asking me whether I want to make a live file system or a mastered disc etc... What do you do there? I remember years and years ago XP having some conflict with certain programs, and I used to have to disable windows CDROM services so that Alcohol120%(or maybe it was Nero?) would be able to recognize the drives... is this a similar situation? I don't do much burning and it seems every time I have to burn a disc there is a new version out, and I have to start the learning process all over again... I wish DVD Fab had a drive utility that would let you know the health or availability of the installed drives... BTW, my only optical drive is the LG blu-ray/HDDVD HL-DT-ST BDDVDR GGC-H20L, 4GB, Phenom 9950 quad core, ATI Radeon HD 4870.

Hopefully we can get this figured out!
    thanks,

-C
    Last edited by Complication; 04-26-2010, 02:01 PM.

Please don't hijack other threads. Your commiseration is an obvious attempt to get support for yourself rather than help the OP.

Originally posted by chamberlin View Post
    When I insert a blank disc with DVDFab running, the stupid windows box pops up asking me whether I want to make a live file system or a mastered disc etc... What do you do there?
    This is not coming from DVDFab and means you have something intercepting the disc insert.

Comment

Working...
    X