Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90312, it's funny that you said that because I just burned Sherlock Holmes on DVD Fab six. The whole thing. Isn't that weird?

Comment

I agree. I've been through same experience, but I keep both versions on my machine and I use them both. Because completely different platforms, both versions became a completely different pieces of software. In a sense it's like DVDFab and it's competitor - for one price - take advantage of it and act on a case-by-case basis.

Originally posted by prican1493 View Post
      You know it's weird ipopov50. When I first got DVD Fab fives, it did great! Then came DVD Fab six and I left the five version. And the funny part about it is that what six couldn't copy, five could. So I did the same for seven but the thing of it since I got seven it hasn't worked for nothing not even once. It'll copy the movie but it will not burn it. It keeps asking me for a dual disc.
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Well I'm still left with that one dilemma. The question is: how do I get DVD Fab seven from asking me for a dual layer disc? After that I'll be in business.

Comment

prican1493

OK lets back up a little.
          What version of Fab 7 do you have? If it is not 7.0.5.2 then please install it here http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=5298
          BUT before installing it is advised that you install as administrator.
          I always do this for all my programs, instead of clicking run I click save, then open the folder and right click and install the program as administrator.
          Give it a try and post back.
          CBR929

Have you also tried what I have suggested in my previous post?
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

90312, it's funny that you said that because I just burned Sherlock Holmes on DVD Fab six. The whole thing. Isn't that weird?
            Not too weird, it just would not do "main movie" only on a single layer disk, I thought that's what you were attempting.
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

CBR929

I was using 7.4 and I went ahead and downloaded 7.05 and told the computer that I had already registered the older version and so it set me a new registration code for the new version via e-mail I copied and pasted it in the registration area and yes it was on DVD5. I told it to copy Sherlock Holmes and it copied. This is great I appreciate your help. So far DVD 7.05 is one for one. Thanks again

Comment

Hey prican1493, congrats !!!
                Glad to hear you're up and running smoothly again.

Sounds like most all your questions/problems were addressed.
                Just an FYI re: DMA; CBR929 is exactly right.
                The most common causes of "CRC" errors are attempting to read/rip a dirty or scratched disc.

Take a look at #7 on the list here:
                Tips on Troubleshooting Analyzing/Ripping dvds
                If you want more info, give a holler or just google it.

Oh, and a belated welcome aboard.
                Good to have you as a member.

CBR929

I was using 7.4 and I went ahead and downloaded 7.05 and told the computer that I had already registered the older version and so it set me a new registration code for the new version via e-mail I copied and pasted it in the registration area and yes it was on DVD5. I told it to copy Sherlock Holmes and it copied. This is great I appreciate your help. So far DVD 7.05 is one for one. Thanks again
                If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                  Hey prican1493, congrats !!!
                  Glad to hear you're up and running smoothly again.
                  Ditto
                  I am glad I could help
                  CBR929
                  Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
                  X