Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No problem...you helped me...I'll return the favor!

By the way I think I have found the external burner I am going to get:

ASUS Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM

Wish me luck that all goes smooth.

Comment

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
      Would you mind having a talk with my wife about that?.
      I always ask for this in writing...still doesn't help though...lol
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by apcr0917 View Post
        ASUS Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM
        Isn't this an internal?...did you decide on an internal with an ext enclosure.
        Please post the link at ? newegg

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
          Isn't this an internal?...did you decide on an internal with an ext enclosure.
          Please post the link at ? newegg
          Yes it is an internal sata. I took a look at newegg. I too am wondering which way he is going with this.

Buy ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 24X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS - CD / DVD Burners with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

Comment

Sorry I didn't know it was internal. I did an external burner search and I guess it just showed all options. Man, I am not good at this. I don't even know what the differences are. I will have to do more research. Back to the drawing board. I will try again. I am a "she" by the way ha ha ha.

Comment

Sorry about the gender insensitivity.
              We usually mean to speak generically, but in truth most members are guys and I guess we just get sloppy.

Here are a couple from newegg that are decent burners
              A word of advice, stay away from slimline drives. They are less than ideal for video archiving.

(This one is a refurbish, but newegg will stand behind it...just test it within the RMA period.
              BTW, newegg is my favorite retailer on the planet...rock solid!)

If you choose internal, please go over the specs...

1). You'll want an aluminum case...much better for heat dissipation
              Ideally, it will have a fan.

2). Internal interface should be SATA I / SATA II ( this is the connection for the drive itself, inside the case)
              Some also have IDE (or PATA) as well as SATA, but most are one or the other and not both.
              You need SATA for sure.

3). External interface should be usb (2.0 or higher).

4). It should have a power source of its own, ie., an AC adapter...not just usb ports for power.

Don't hesitate to post back with questions or problems and please don't feel foolish.
              We all started at the beginning.
              Last edited by maineman; 05-14-2010, 05:06 AM.

Comment

I know I already said this but you guys are awesome...I will stand up to anyone who says otherwise. The roots of my hair thank you.

Comment

apcr0917

I have 3 words for you when you get your burner.
                  Burn Baby Burn
                  CBR929
                  Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by apcr0917 View Post
                    ...The roots of my hair thank you.
                    Ahahahahahaha
                    Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                    X