This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! DVDFab won't see disc anymore

I'm running a trial version of DVDFab 7.0.4.0 on Windows 7. Working great since May 1. But tonight I downloaded DVDFab Passkey 7.0.2.1 and tried to use that with DVD Shrink to see the difference. Well, that must have been a big mistake because Passkey wouldn't do anything. I ran it both in regular mode and administration mode and nothing happened.

So I decided to continue ripping with DVDFab and it wouldn't start scanning the disc. I then directed it to the dvd in the source window, it started scanning for a split second then stopped and just sat there. Any ideas?

PassKey is running in tray (right bottom corner).
    人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
    Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

You will use DVdFAb disable Passkey, If you will use Passkey, open the DVD with DVDshrink

Comment

Originally posted by abernardi View Post
        that must have been a big mistake because Passkey wouldn't do anything.
        Just to be clear here, what did you expect Passkey to do? Passkey will remove protection on-a-fly upon demand. And demand (or request) has to come from other program... To see the magic, please do this:
        (1) close DVDFab.
        (2) insert your disc and try open it with shrink - you'll get a protection message, right?
        (3) Now, close all that, initiate Passkey, insert your disc and wait until pop-up in a right bottom corner will say that disc open successfully.
        (4) Now open your shrink and open your disc with it... O Magic!!!

And if there's no magic - we have a problem... report it here then
        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Right click on the passkey icon and open settings.
          Click on general and make sure you have the I/O set to Advanced when using with shrink.

Comment

Working...
          X