This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Burning

I have been using DVDFab for a few years now. I recently had probelms with my laptop and had to do a factory reset to the default settings. After the reset, I could still rip and burn sucessfully, however when I tried to play the media, nothing was there. It did not matter if it was played on a DVD player or on my computer. I tried the VSO burning software, then the IMG burning software. Ii slowed the burn to 2.0X. I just went from Windows XP to Windows 7 Pro. I reinstalled DVDFab and tried again with the same results using VSO. Any suggestions?

Post burn logs from both VSO and Imgburn.

Comment

Here is the burn log from VSO. I have not tried Imgburn since the upgrade to Windows 7, but I can download it and try a burn with it if you do not see a problem with VSO. Thanks.
      Attached Files

Comment

Nothing of importance in the VSO log.
        We need all the information and details you can post .

imgburn log and Fab internal log might help.

Comment

Hi dchoice824,

Unfortunately, there nothing in the burn log re: burning.
          Yes, please try Img.

First off, give it a shot while it's integrated within Fab, ie., select it as Fab's default burn engine.
          If no go, try Img as a standalone app and simply navigate to the files with Img and burn from there,

Thanks

// Edit
          Hey big G, I shoulda known you were still there...lol
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Thanks for the help. I downloaded Imgburn and used it. I left the write speed at recommended. I have attached the burn log and the internal log. I am using the Verbatim DVD+R.
            Attached Files

Comment

After I sucessfully burned the DVD, I put it back in the computer. The computer recognizes it as a blank DVD.

Comment

The first thing I can see is you are using a good media that is 16X but your drive is seeing it as 8X max.
                That is strange.

Normally some would recommend you burn at half the rated speed of the disc but you already are doing so.

Since you are using win 7 are you running Fab as administrator?
                If not you should be.

Comment

Yes, I am running DVDFab as admin. It's wierd. It used to work without any issues for a few years and when I reset Windows XP back to factory defaults, that is when the disc seems blank after the burn. Now the change to Windows 7, using VSO and then Imgburn and the same result, the DVD shows blank when put in the computer after sucessful burn. I have checked the drive for hardware updates and driver updates, all up to date. The drive burns music CD's fine and any other media I have copied to a CD. Aggrivating!

Comment

I did a quick google on your drive and found many people having problems with that drive burning DVDs.

Also it is an old drive and not capable of more than 8X regardless of what you feed it.

You will probably continue having problems as long as you use that laptop drive.

Comment

Crap. Thanks for the help. I guess I will contact Dell and see how much a better, faster, stronger drive will set me back.

Comment

Originally posted by dchoice824 View Post
                        Crap. Thanks for the help. I guess I will contact Dell and see how much a better, faster, stronger drive will set me back.
                        There are many of us here that would tell you to purchase an external USB instead of another slimline laptop drive.

I think you would be much more satisfied with the results.

Comment

dchoice824
                          If I also may add your drive is not up to date pulled from your logs TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632H D400 your firmware is 2 years old you will find the current firmware here
                          NOTE: if you do not know how to flash your drive do not do it, it will render your drive useless
                          I 16:21:43 Book Type Setting: N/A
                          Another thing make sure you set book type to DVD-ROM in settings for +r media
                          CBR929
                          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I noticed this in your burn log: I 16:21:43 Source File Size: 4,509,696,000 bytes, if my math is correct that won't fit a single layer disk and finialize . Click the green check mark at the top and go down to "WRITE" and make sure DVD-5 is set to 4472 or less then rip it again and see if it will burn.
                            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                            Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                              I noticed this in your burn log: I 16:21:43 Source File Size: 4,509,696,000 bytes, if my math is correct that won't fit a single layer disk and finialize . Click the green check mark at the top and go down to "WRITE" and make sure DVD-5 is set to 4472 or less then rip it again and see if it will burn.
                              I 16:21:43 Source File Sectors: 2,202,000 (MODE1/2048)
                              I 16:21:43 Destination Media Sectors: 2,295,104
                              IMHO it should be ok.

Comment

Working...
                              X