Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks everyone so much, this is a great forum.

Comment

We're glad you think so and we're happy to help
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Hey, believe it or not I got more questions!! LOL

Do you guys think the brand of the burner makes a big difference now a days? I'm talking about a brand new, latest burner... the top sold ones were from the brands ASUS, which isn't really a drive maker, and Lite-On, which has been making them for years, I'm sure they're trustworthy. What do you guys think?

to be more specific, here are the "best rated"
        Last edited by cmoazz; 06-16-2010, 11:04 PM.

Comment

cmoazz
          I have 2 drives a Liteon and Lg and and are used a lot. Both in my opinion are great burners so the choice is up to you on which to buy.
          A few things to consider is an IDE or Sata drive if you have a Sata port on your mother board you are better off getting a Sata drive if all you have is IDE then get yourself one of those you must also have a Sata power connection on your power supply or you may be able to get an adapter.
          Hope this helps
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I'm going with the LiteOn, more known for drives and it has lightscribe, whatever that means ;D

Def going with SATA, motherboard has 7 of them..

thanks again, this forum is def the quickest to respond with good information, I found a new home!

Comment

Glad your here
              Please make sure about the power connection to your power supply also
              CBR929
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Let me just post my build lol, you guys are all around PC Pros!

2 x LITE-ON 24X DVD Writer Black SATA Model iHAS-324-98

COOLER MASTER HAF X RC-942-KKN1 Black Steel/ Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case

Date drive - Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

Linksys WMP600N PCI Wireless Adapter with Dual-Band

Palit NE5TX465F1002 GeForce GTX 465 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS

SUPER TALENT INTAIN1MCR All-in-one Card Reader

2 x G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH

ASUS P7P55D-E Pro LGA 1156 Intel P55 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i7-875K Lynnfield 2.93GHz LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Unlocked Desktop Processor Model BX80605I7875K

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - OEM

Boot drive - OCZ Vertex Series OCZSSD2-1VTX30GXXX 2.5" 30GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Comment

Only comment is that I absolutely HATE the Home Version of Windoze. I have seen hundreds of people have problems with it because you do not have the control over it like the bigger versions and somehow Micro$oft always gets something wrong that you need to tweak.

Go Ultimate if you can.
                  Last edited by GregiBoy; 06-17-2010, 12:26 AM.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

cmoazz
                    As the old saying goes (Build It And They Will Come)

Comment

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - OEM is only about $75 more @ NewEgg
                      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by cmoazz View Post
                        2 x LITE-ON 24X DVD Writer Black SATA Model iHAS-324-98
                        That's a rebadged Optiarc AD-7241S.

Comment

Nice build!!!
                          My build is only about 7 months old and I already want to tinker together another one...lol.

Couple things come immediately to mind.
                          Get a better cooler.
                          I went with this one:

It's a beast and it was a hassle getting it in with my beastie nVidia 260 card, but they went in alright.
                          BTW, my case is a coolermaster and a close cousin to yours...lol

Agree with GregiBoy
                          I saved myself about $35 and went with Win 7 Pro, 64-bit.
                          I don't care about bitlocker
                          My version runs $139 as opposed to $174.99 oem for builders

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                            TY media is now shipping in a JVC spindle wrapper.
                            Not to worry...Taiyo Yuden actually owns JVC and not the other way around.
                            TY media is still made in Japan and by Taiyo Yuden

If you buy 16X media, burn 'em at 8X
                            If you buy the YUDEN000 T02 (rated up to 8X), burn these at 8X as well even though we generally tell folks to burn media at 1/2 the max-rated speed.
                            I have not seen my TY media with the JVC wrapper yet but maybe I got some of the old stock.

Yes the YUDEN000 T02 burn them 8X and you will have a perfect burn everytime as that media and media ID is the best around as I have not had a coaster in the 3+ years of using them

Comment

I don't believe I posted my CPU cooler but you said you didn't like it? This is the one I plan on

Corsair H50

Until I get more familiar with the whole building and bios stuff that should be enough for a small overclock. I eventually want like a 3 x 120 radiator liquid setup for CPU/GPU.

Comment

Since it wasn't mentioned in your build, I just figured it was the stock Intel cooler, which is woefully inadequate.
                                I see now that your cpu does not come with a coooler at all.
                                Sorry about that, my bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X