Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 30 day trial version gives you all the features that the paid version has. After the 30 days the trial will then revert to the free version with the limits unless you buy and register

As for a guide for dummies well I never even looked at the DVDFab guide as I learned it all on my own and from reading the forum. So if you want to learn how to use DVDFab just read the old threads as you will learn a lot that way as I did

Also the DVDs not have DRM on them they have copy protection but the Digital copies that are with some DVDs have DRM but DVDFab is not able to remove that

Comment

Originally posted by Carrie2525 View Post
      Wish this software came with a "DVDFab for Dummies"
      I does............

http://forum.dvdfab.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25
      ----------------------------

The free version does not compress or burn.
      The 30 day free trial is full function.

Comment

You use DVD 9 if you want to retain the original picture quality of the original disc. If you don't mind a loss of picture quality DVD 5 will work fine for you( I just started using DVD 9 now that the price per disc has dropped considerably since BDR-25 and BDR-50 came out). When you choose DVD 5 the program should display the % of quality next to the DVD 9/DVD 5 selector at the bottom of the program. I suggest, if you have the hard drive space, to make your back-up as an ISO saved to the hard drive. Then mount it with DVDFab Virtual Drive(it's free ATM) then you can see if the PQ is acceptable to you before you burn it to disc. After that you can use the Write Data option in DVDFab DVD to DVD or use ImgBurn as was suggested. I've never had a problem with the Fab VSO engine, but I go with Imgburn because it has far more options that you can change. There should be a guide on here for ImgBurn and it's real easy to follow. And if you do have problems setting it up, just post back the problem your having, the mods are good at helping troubleshoot.

Also I should add this. Your drive can affect your burn. When I first picked up some DVD 9's I tried my old BenQ DW1670 since it had never felt the DVD 9 love. It came out horrible. It failed verification and when I looked at the bottom of the disc ther were large areas where it looked like data didn't write. I tried the same ISO in my LG WH10LS30 and it came out perfect. The BenQ has a slower DL burn rate so I was suprised at my result with it.
        Last edited by DharmaBummed69; 06-27-2010, 11:23 PM.

Comment

I'm traveling for the next two days, but I'll be sure to post my results when I can attempt a burn on single-layer disks. Thanks again for all of the help. :-)

Comment

Working...
          X