This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

customize and keep menu's

Same thing, I would like to use customize to keep the disk menus. How do I know which chapters to check mark to copy? And after, DVD to DVD customize "Next" do you check mark 1. "jump to first menu" or 2. "jump to main title when disc inserted"? I am not having any luck using customize and keeping my disk menu for subtitles, sound selection etc.. Did you get to copy the disk menu customizing? If so what did you do specifically? Thanks, this has been frustrating as I have tried different techniques.

Originally posted by susaninpdx View Post
    I have a DVD with a movie and several extra features. I don't want to do a full disk backup, because the compression from DVD9 to DVD5 give me only 56% image quality. I would like to "customize" to back up only the movie itself and the menu (so I can turn subtitles on and off). How can I find the menu so DVDFab can write it to my harddrive along with the movie?

Many thanks, Susan (p.s. I found out that copying only the "main movie" does not allow me to toggle the subtitles on and off. See the thread about subtitles in this forum.

The menu's are automatically added. You don't get to view them in DVDFab. Only the option to add them or not.

Comment

Same thing, I would like to use customize to keep the disk menus. How do I know which chapters to check mark to copy?
      use the preview window to verify the chapters in question
      And after, DVD to DVD customize "Next" do you check mark 1. "jump to first menu" or 2. "jump to main title when disc inserted"?
      jump to first menu just skips any previews of upcoming movies and goes straight to the menu screen. jump to main title starts playing the movie as soon as dvd is inserted and bypasses the menu screen. you can still navigate to the menu screen on your stand alone dvd player so you can select subtitles or languages provided you selected them to be copied in customize.

Comment

Thank You. Your comments really help me understand DVDFab

Originally posted by Wild and Blue View Post
        use the preview window to verify the chapters in question jump to first menu just skips any previews of upcoming movies and goes straight to the menu screen. jump to main title starts playing the movie as soon as dvd is inserted and bypasses the menu screen. you can still navigate to the menu screen on your stand alone dvd player so you can select subtitles or languages provided you selected them to be copied in customize.
        I wanted to thank you publically. Your comments reallly do help me understand DVDFab's features much better.

A little early, but happy holidays, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas etc...

Thank You,

rr76012

Comment

you're welcome, hope you and everyone has a safe and happy Halloween also (all holidays for that matter)

Comment

Working...
          X