This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to identify menus when custom splitting

I have a DVD with a movie and several extra features. I don't want to do a full disk backup, because the compression from DVD9 to DVD5 give me only 56% image quality. I would like to "customize" to back up only the movie itself and the menu (so I can turn subtitles on and off). How can I find the menu so DVDFab can write it to my harddrive along with the movie?

Many thanks, Susan (p.s. I found out that copying only the "main movie" does not allow me to toggle the subtitles on and off. See the thread about subtitles in this forum.

choose customize mode, select which title(s) you would like to backup, NEXT, on this screen you can choose to remove or keep the menu, also can choose different navigation options. [pathplayer must be enabled]

Comment

How to identify menus when custom splitting

I have read the tutorial carefully, but am completely new to not only DVDFab but to the entire concept of disk manipulation. I have a dual density dvd with 3 episodes of a mini-series on it. I want to copy the first two episodes to a single-density dvd, and the last episode to another single-density dvd. I also want to be able to toggle the subtitles on and off on each disk, and believe I need to be able to "jump to first menu when disk is inserted" to do so. Is that correct? However, I can't seem to get the menu on the second disk, only on the first. When I look at all the tracks listed for my original dvd, I can't identify any of them as the menu (is it even a track?). So, the question is (part one) do I need the menu on both disks to be able to toggle the subtitles on and off on both disks, and (part two) how do I get the menu on both disks? Many thanks, Susan

Details of what I'm doing (logs are also attached)
      - Windows XP Professional, sp 3, on a Compaq Notebook
      - I have PathPlayer enabled.
      - I cannot find a box for "Preserve Menus" to check, as mentioned in the
      tutorial. Where is it?
      - I have checked "English" audio and "English" subpicture
      - I have the DVDFab/ImgBurn link set up
      - I normally use Verbatim +R disks, but this time used cheaper Sony disks
      because I was only burning them to demo my problem
      - see attached logs (the process log is empty)
      Attached Files

Comment

see your other post for a suggestion for this.

Comment

Here's my suggestion:
          Use Customize Split mode. Put the first two episodes on Disc 1 (checkmarks in the Disc 1 column), the third plus any extras you may want on disc 2. Be sure to remove the Title checkmarks for episode 3 from the Disc 1 column and remove the checkmarks for epidoes 1 and 2 from the Disc 2 column. You can leave the menus on both discs. You should be able to turn the subtitles on and off with the remote control for your player. If a disc has forced subtitles, they will display regardless of the settings in DVDFab.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I must admit that's much easier. I never do episodic disc so I never actually used split mode before. good post Signals!!

Comment

Working...
            X