No announcement yet.

Copying to Iomega ScreenPlay Director

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's an older Phillips Magnavox - only has coax & RCA - so I'm using RCA with the NTSC output. PAL seems grainier.

Video resolution is 720p/50hz, Component output is RGB (rather than YUV), Automatic framerate is on, Aspect Ratio is 4:3.

I haven't tried switching the video resolution or the RGB/YUV settings.

I purchased a DivX movie, but can't watch it on the TV because it requires HDMI output. Maybe a new TV for Christmas (if I'm good...)

Comment

After trying several formats (IFO, MKV, AVI) and all of them playing in black and white, I took the Iomega player to a newer TV (flat screen with HDMI input) and lo and behold - COLOR!

The best looking format is the IFO, so my wife is taking me TV shopping after payday!

Comment

Originally posted by socker_dad View Post
        After trying several formats (IFO, MKV, AVI) and all of them playing in black and white, I took the Iomega player to a newer TV (flat screen with HDMI input) and lo and behold - COLOR!

The best looking format is the IFO, so my wife is taking me TV shopping after payday!
        I think you mean .ISO, but what's a typo among friends...
        Good luck and enjoy.

I wish my wife would take me shopping......
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Well, it HAS been 10 years since she let me get a new television!

Got a 40" Dynex from Best Buy for $499 and it plays wonderfully! I've ripped about 100 movies, but I think I need to start over because the subtitles don't show up correctly (they just flash very, very briefly - out of sync with the actual dialogue).

But the major problem is resolved thanks to you guys!

Comment

Working...
          X