Copying to Iomega ScreenPlay Director

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copying to Iomega ScreenPlay Director

I have just purchased an Iomega ScreenPlay Director (2 terrabyte version) and I want to copy my collection of DVD's to this device.

I copied one movie just to see if it would work and had some limited success.

The problem I have is pauses of 1 to 3 seconds between tracks during playback.

Is there a way to overcome this?

Could you tell us Step by step what you are doing to get the DVDs onto this device and how you play them back. This way we can give you the proper help needed

Comment

Originally posted by socker_dad View Post
      I have just purchased an Iomega ScreenPlay Director (2 terrabyte version) and I want to copy my collection of DVD's to this device.

I copied one movie just to see if it would work and had some limited success.

The problem I have is pauses of 1 to 3 seconds between tracks during playback.

Is there a way to overcome this?
      If you came here seeking help and advise, here's first advice for you:
      please provide more info about what are you doing and how, steps you made and so on... please be more descriptive. I.e you are saying I have is pauses of 1 to 3 seconds between tracks during playback. What tracks???? What are you talking about???
      And so on... I hope you've got the picture.... now it's your turn...
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Guys.

I will bet both of you a double vodka that he has just ripped to HDD and is playing the VOB's.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
          Guys.

I will bet both of you a double vodka that he has just ripped to HDD and is playing the VOB's.
          That what I'm thinking as well because that what happens when you play the VOBs and not the IFO file. I also think it could be a playback issue with the media player but I not know what that media player supports. Originally this thread was in General Questions but moved it to DVD section but think it belongs more in the mobile section for better help

Comment

GregiBoy, I believe you are exactly right . . .

A friend of mine at work recently purchased exactly the same streamer and had the same problem.

The streamer has a built-in 2 TB drive. My friend ripped the DVD files to a folder on the HD. When played back, there was a gap between the VOBs.

The solution I recommend to my friend that worked well was to rip the DVD as an ISO. That allows it to play perfectly on this streamer.

Doug
            Last edited by dougsmith911; 08-13-2010, 02:21 PM.
            I tried keeping an open mind but every time I leaned over, something I knew fell out.

Comment

Yeah, that's the problem with buying the hardware & software and not understanding how it all goes together....

Step 1 - I used the latest DVD Fab 7 (free copy - I want to make sure this works before shelling any more money - or my wife will kill me!) to copy the DVD to the hard drive...using the DVD to DVD function. I went with the higher quality settings as I'm not too concerned about saving space on the Iomega at this time.

Step 2 - Yes, it was a lot of VOB files...and I was never sure which one I had to click on to get the actual movie to play....and then it only played in black white.

Sigh.

So What is the proper sequence I should be following?????

Comment

Originally posted by socker_dad View Post
                So What is the proper sequence I should be following?????
                Originally posted by dougsmith911 View Post
                GregiBoy, I believe you are exactly right . . .

A friend of mine at work recently purchased exactly the same streamer and had the same problem.

The streamer has a built-in 2 TB drive. My friend ripped the DVD files to a folder on the HD. When played back, there was a gap between the VOBs.

The solution I recommend to my friend that worked well was to rip the DVD as an ISO. That allows it to play perfectly on this streamer.

Doug
                The solution I recommend to my friend that worked well was to rip the DVD as an ISO
                If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

OK, I ripped it again and got these files:

VIDEO_TS.BUP 6 KB
                  VIDEO_TS.IFO 6 KB
                  VTS_01_0.BUP 80 KB
                  VTS_01_0.IFO 80 KB
                  VTS_01_1.VOB 1,048,574 KB
                  VTS_01_2.VOB 1,048,574 KB
                  VTS_01_3.VOB 1,048,574 KB
                  VTS_01_4.VOB 1,048,574 KB
                  VTS_01_5.VOB 1,048,574 KB
                  VTS_01_6.VOB 1,048,574 KB
                  VTS_01_7.VOB 849,290 KB

So what do I move to the Iomega drive to view the movie? I tried using Divx on both the DVD and the DVDFab 7, but it rejected them because they were encrypted...although VLC Player handles them fine. (Although Idon't understand how an 80KB file has the same content as the 7 1Mg files).

Comment

You are not understanding what the guys are trying to tell you.

1. If the files are still encrypted, you have downloaded the wrong version of Fab. Download the latest beta from the links in this forum.
                    2. The guys have told you to produce and ISO which is a disk image, not a collection of files such as you have produced.
                    3. To make such an ISO (It will be one file, the size of the DVD) named XXXXX.iso (Whatever you wnat to call it), choose the Paper & DISK icon, next to the target, not the folder one.
                    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

At 80KB, the DivX file would not look very good, even on a small screen.

You can't play DVDs as files, they have a structure managed and detailed in the IFO files that the player must be able to read. With the older versions of WinDVD that used to come free with optical drives, you could double click on the VIDEO_TS.IFO file and it would play it as if it were a disc. This is not true of some player software and media boxes today.

You can try the following if it won't play from the IFO file:
                      In DVDFab DVD to DVD, select Write Data mode with your VIDEO_TS folder as the Source and select the image file icon (with the small disc) at the far right of the Target area. This will convert your folder to a disc image or ISO file, which your player may or may not support. You can also use ImgBurn in Build mode to make the ISO file if you have it installed.

This is what the others have been suggesting. If it doesn't work, we'll think of something else.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Transfer the entire Folder that contains the Audio TS folder and VIDEO TS Folder that contains all that to the Iomega. Then try and select the first IFO file to play. Not sure if a firmware update has been released to allow IFO support but then I have no idea if ISO support has been added as well. Another thing I'm not sure if Menu support has been added yet as the website does not tell you this

Below is a link of all Supported Media Type that I could find

This player supports MKV file which would probably be best one to use
                        Last edited by AGJ; 08-17-2010, 02:49 AM.

Comment

To be quite honest, a DVD to Mobile conversion may be the best way to go.

Comment

Consider me sufficiently spanked.

I now have version 7.5.0.6 (14/08/2010), ripped the DVD and copied the ISO file to the Iomega. The thing I was missing was hitting the Paper & Disk icon.

However, the picture is still black & white on the Iomega end. Danged if I can figure out how to fix that.

Comment

What sort of connection are you using to your Iomega?

This is usually caused on media players by being connected by composite A/V and one unit being set as PAL and the other as NTSC.

Comment

Working...
                              X