Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just did some research and it seems even with the firmware update the WD Player you have will still not have Menu support as it seems to be only the WDTV Live that has menu support

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
      I just did some research and it seems even with the firmware update the WD Player you have will still not have Menu support as it seems to be only the WDTV Live that has menu support
      Yeah, looks like I'm SOL on this one. Thinking about upgrading to Seagate's media player since I use Seagate external drives. Another thing I don't like about the WD is the fast foward speed only goes to 16X which takes forever.

At any rate, dvdfab is great, and I'll definitely be buying this!

Comment

Nah, don't go Seagate either. From all of my research/reports, it is a POS also.

Do some research on your local eBay and Amazon & see what you can get.

If you are in the US, I would have a look at the Argosy that my good friend, Maineman bought from Amazon.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
          Nah, don't go Seagate either. From all of my research/reports, it is a POS also.

Do some research on your local eBay and Amazon & see what you can get.

If you are in the US, I would have a look at the Argosy that my good friend, Maineman bought from Amazon.
          I'm thinking about going with this model:

Any thoughts? It's hard to base on Amazon reviews as every product is a mixed bag of reviews. I like the large remote, and it definitely does dvd playback! Another interesting thing I saw is the new WD player advertises dvd functionality.

Comment

Have not tested it personally.

Have you had a look at the Argosy that maineman purchased?
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Just had a look on eBay US and the Argosy is there for under $100 including shipping.

Comment

Working...
              X