This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maineman View Post
    I've also read where Pledge Furniture polish gives good results, but never tried it.
    I've used it, it works some times on light scratches

Originally posted by maineman View Post
    You can use isopropyl alcohol too.
    That all I ever use, 70% isopropyl alcohol, straight out the bottle onto a old CLEAN cotton sock

TIP: For real stubborn scratches that nothing will read, I use DVDFab Express v 2.9.1 .... if it extracts completely then it needs to be run thru FixVTS. It will probably have missing seconds, minutes, depends on how bad the scratches are. If DVDFE 2.9.1 does not finish its hopeless .....guess I'll try the banana
    AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Regarding The National Parks, Using DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0 I didn't have a problem with disks 3, 4 and 6 but did with disks 1, 2 and 5 and the problem VOB file was 8_1 for each of these disks. I've cleaned each of these disks with iso alcohol and still no luck. RipIt4Me didn't come through for me so I fired up DVDFab6. Well it gets in a (seemingly) perpetual loop of seeking/reading.

I may just back those disks as data. It would be interesting if a manufacturing flaw could cause such a consistent read problem.

Comment

Working...
      X