Crash after start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crash after start

New beta crashes in trial mode after starting full disc mode rip to hard drive folder. Reverted to 8.0.1.1b without issue.

Code:
    DVDFab 8.0.1.1 (2010/09/20  15:45:49)

0m 00.05s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
     0m 18.99s: detected dvd
     0m 19.02s: drive D
     0m 19.02s: dvd type 1
     0m 19.02s: volume label FRINGE_SEASON_2_DISC_4
     0m 19.12s: detected dvd
     0m 19.15s: drive E
     0m 19.15s: dvd type 1
     0m 19.15s: volume label FO1-0N-NT5.1_DES
     0m 20.35s: got copyright 1 f2
     0m 21.85s: got udf/iso
     0m 22.30s: got discinfo
     0m 22.30s: pathplayer enabled
     0m 48.46s: got dvdinfo
    Code:
    2010-09-20 15:36:52    ----            ******************** Log session stop  20-Sep 15:36:52.400 PID 37********************
    2010-09-20 15:36:44    Info            No Drive selected now
    2010-09-20 15:36:44    Info            Using SPTI interface
    2010-09-20 15:36:44    Info            System default language : English (United States)
    2010-09-20 15:36:44    Info            User default language   : English (United States)
    2010-09-20 15:36:44    Info            DLL Version : 4.0.11.473
    2010-09-20 15:36:44    Info            DLL : C:\Program Files\DVDFab 8\vso_hwe.dll
    2010-09-20 15:36:44    Info            Version : 8, 0, 1, 5
    2010-09-20 15:36:44    Info            ExeName : C:\Program Files\DVDFab 8\DVDFab.exe
    2010-09-20 15:36:44    Info            OS : Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Build 2600: Service Pack 3)
    2010-09-20 15:36:44    ----            ******************** Log session start 20-Sep 15:36:44.140 PID 37********************

I believe it is the new preview window even though I have preview turned off in the settings. DVDFab will crash on my system if preview is enabled.

Comment

The preview window seems to be full of bugs & effecting several aspects of the software.
      When preview is on fab is very slow to respond.
      When preview is off fab responds as normal.

Comment

It also crashes for me (1)if I let the mouse even hover of the new preview tab in the progress window and (2) a few seconds after opening the Video Effect Settings page. The above in DVD Copy/Ripper, haven't tried BD yet.

Kaspersky KIS2011 also does not like it, scans it as a new app every time I start it, and seems to be preventing a component from either installing or running. I am trying to nail down the details.

Team Beijing can't duplicate the crashes and say the reports don't contain a minidump for some reason.

//EDIT// Update: Hovering the mouse anywhere on any of the three new tabs causes the crash for me. Win7Pro (64).
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I couldn't replicate it. Works fine for me.
          sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

I think it is related to something on my machine, perhaps Kaspersky. Switching to Internal decoder for Preview made no difference, I have uninstalled it temporarily and will try again when I have more time. Is this your Sony that it works on OK?
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
              Is this your Sony that it works on OK?
              No, it's my desktop with i7 920 and 295 card, W7 OS. I keep Sony on v.6, since v.8 isn't working for me at all. I couldn't produce a single rip on v.8 without issues. I didn't try on XP side of the machine though.
              sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Also reproducable here on my Win 7 x64 in regged mode.
                人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
                Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Hurraay!!! I was able to replicate it. If I start the process and immediately go to preview, it crashes!!! But if I start the process and wait till process actually started and processing speed (fps) could be observed (it takes a few seconds), swithching to a preview window cause no problem at all. Please try...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
                    Hurraay!!! I was able to replicate it. If I start the process and immediately go to preview, it crashes!!! But if I start the process and wait till process actually started and processing speed (fps) could be observed (it takes a few seconds), swithching to a preview window cause no problem at all. Please try...
                    I waited until the progress showed 20% before clicking on the preview button... Nothing....

I have deleted V8015 and re-installed V8011.

Comment

It will be fixed in next version, thanks for reporting.
                      DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                      http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Hopefully you will not only fix the crash, also the preview not displaying anything.
                        人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
                        Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Working...
                        X