Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Copy & Imgburn

Hello.

I'm hoping someone can help me out here.

I went through the steps in the sticky above about setting up Imgburn to work automatically with DVD Copy but it didn't work quite right.

Once DVD copy was done Imgburn launched and looked like it was doing everything correctly. However, when it was finished and I tested the disc there was nothing on it. (Yes, the drive letters were set correctly.)

After I discovered this I opened Imgburn back up and selected the .iso file manually and tried to burn again using the same disc and it seemed to work just fine.

Does anyone have any idea what I (or Imgburn) may be doing wrong?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Carob View Post
    Hello.

I'm hoping someone can help me out here.

I went through the steps in the sticky above about setting up Imgburn to work automatically with DVD Copy but it didn't work quite right.

Once DVD copy was done Imgburn launched and looked like it was doing everything correctly. However, when it was finished and I tested the disc there was nothing on it. (Yes, the drive letters were set correctly.)

After I discovered this I opened Imgburn back up and selected the .iso file manually and tried to burn again using the same disc and it seemed to work just fine.

Does anyone have any idea what I (or Imgburn) may be doing wrong?

Thanks!
    Please make sure ImgBurn isn't in a "test" mode
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Nope, the Test Mode button is not checked.

Comment

Nope, the Test Mode button is not checked.
        It seems the destination for your burn isn't optical drive, but HDD. Otherwise, you can't get an ISO as being created as temp file by ImgBurn. From what you are describing (and ImgBurn isn't in test mode), destination for your burn is HDD, not your optical drive with blank media in it.
        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
          It seems the destination for your burn isn't optical drive, but HDD. Otherwise, you can't get an ISO as being created as temp file by ImgBurn. From what you are describing (and ImgBurn isn't in test mode), destination for your burn is HDD, not your optical drive with blank media in it.
          If you are referring to the Imgburn settings, no, the destination is not HDD. It is the 2nd optical drive (F. As far as the DVD Copy settings go, yes, the destination is a local folder on the system using an .iso image and not the folder option. (Does the .iso file need to be in a specific location for Imgburn to work correctly?) My understanding is that's the correct method.
          Attached Files

Comment

It is my understanding that with DVDFab you can either create an ISO file or Burn to disc, you can't do both in one operation.

You can use IMGBurn as the burn engine in either case, but it does what DVDFab tells it to do and you are telling it to create an ISO.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetOne69 View Post
              It is my understanding that with DVDFab you can either create an ISO file or Burn to disc, you can't do both in one operation.

You can use IMGBurn as the burn engine in either case, but it does what DVDFab tells it to do and you are telling it to create an ISO.

Yes. And???

I don't understand what you are saying. I am using DVD Fab to create the .iso and using ImgBurn to burn the DVD to happen automatically as written in the walkthrough provided.

Comment

Yes. And???

I don't understand what you are saying. I am using DVD Fab to create the .iso and using ImgBurn to burn the DVD to happen automatically as written in the walkthrough provided.
                What SweetOne69 is trying to say is that if you have ImgBurn set up as your burn engine, and you are asking Fab to create a ISO, Fab will decrypt the DVD and shrink the file if that is what you told it to do and put it in a temp folder.

Then ImgBurn will open up after Fab puts the file in a temp folder and ImgBurn will be the one creating the ISO not Fab.

Then you may choose to use ImgBurn to burn to disc using the write image file to disc option, with the ISO as your source and your drive with the blank media in it as your destination
                Hope this helps
                CBR929
                Last edited by CBR929; 11-19-2010, 03:12 AM. Reason: text
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                  What SweetOne69 is trying to say is that if you have ImgBurn set up as your burn engine, and you are asking Fab to create a ISO, Fab will decrypt the DVD and shrink the file if that is what you told it to do and put it in a temp folder.

Then ImgBurn will open up after Fab puts the file in a temp folder and ImgBurn will be the one creating the ISO not Fab.

Then you may choose to use ImgBurn to burn to disc using the write image file to disc option, with the ISO as your source and your drive with the blank media in it as your destination
                  Hope this helps
                  CBR929

That's all well and good but what I'm saying is that it didn't happen (the disc getting burned) the way I believe it's supposed to according to the info given in the post saying how to set it up automatically. That was the whole point to the post in the beginning. As such, I was asking if anyone could possibly tell me why.

Comment

That's all well and good but what I'm saying is that it didn't happen (the disc getting burned) the way I believe it's supposed to according to the info given in the post saying how to set it up automatically. That was the whole point to the post in the beginning. As such, I was asking if anyone could possibly tell me why.
                    Your setup is working properly. ImgBurn won't burn to disc as you are telling DVDfab to create the ISO file. No where in the sticky does it say you can Decrypt the file with DVDFab, Create the ISO with IMGburn and then Burn it to Disc with IMGburn.

You are using IMGburn, but you are telling it to create an ISO file not burn it to disc.

Comment

To be clear.

Step 1, create ISO with DVDFab attached to ImgBurn
                      Step 2, manually open ISO in ImgBurn and burn to disc

DVDFab cannot do step 2 automatically if you have choosen to have it do step 1. If you would like to skip the ISO creation then you can have DVDFab use ImgBurn to burn the disc instead of creating an ISO.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetOne69 View Post
                        Your setup is working properly. ImgBurn won't burn to disc as you are telling DVDfab to create the ISO file. No where in the sticky does it say you can Decrypt the file with DVDFab, Create the ISO with IMGburn and then Burn it to Disc with IMGburn.

You are using IMGburn, but you are telling it to create an ISO file not burn it to disc.
                        What it does say is...
                        "DVDFab will automatically open ImgBurn and automatically Close when the burn is finished."

That tells me it is a start and walk way kind of deal.

However, if it is as you say, then how is that any different than telling DVD Copy to create the .iso and when it's finished manually open ImgBurn and tell it which .iso to use? Doing it this way or the way you describe (if I understand you correctly) is still a two step process. Not a start it and it's done when you come back.

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post
                          To be clear.

Step 1, create ISO with DVDFab attached to ImgBurn
                          Step 2, manually open ISO in ImgBurn and burn to disc

DVDFab cannot do step 2 automatically if you have choosen to have it do step 1. If you would like to skip the ISO creation then you can have DVDFab use ImgBurn to burn the disc instead of creating an ISO.
                          Is that the method the sticky is trying to use?

Obviously I'm either missing something or not understanding what it's trying to say.

Comment

The sticky is just trying to say that you can use ImgBurn as an alternative to the one that comes with DVDFab.

Regardless of which burn engine you use, DVDFab can create output to a folder, to an ISO, or to a disc. You cannot ask DVDFab to create an ISO and burn to disc. It is a single destination type program. If you want both an ISO and a burnt disc then you will need to do the burn from ISO step yourself (not that it is hard mind you).

Comment

What it does say is...
                              "DVDFab will automatically open ImgBurn and automatically Close when the burn is finished."

That tells me it is a start and walk way kind of deal.

However, if it is as you say, then how is that any different than telling DVD Copy to create the .iso and when it's finished manually open ImgBurn and tell it which .iso to use? Doing it this way or the way you describe (if I understand you correctly) is still a two step process. Not a start it and it's done when you come back.
                              You can set DVDFab to use the built in Burn Engine (VSO) or IMGBurn. Whether you create an ISO file or create a DVD it is using whatever Burn Engine you choose.

Think of it this way, you can either Burn the movie to a DVD or an ISO file.

If you just want the backup DVD, just select your Optical Drive in DVDFab and insert a blank disc (assuming you have 2 optical drives).

If you want the backup ISO on your hard drive and a DVD Backup, you'll have to burn the DVD "manually" at a later time.

DVDFab Decrypts the movie and creates a temporary VIDEO_TS folder on your hard drive, then it opens IMGBurn and either Burns it to a DVD or to an ISO file depending on what you specify in DVDFab.

The reason DVDFab gives you the IMGburn option instead of just forcing you to use VSO is because most people consider IMGBurn to be one of the best burn engines available (probably the best free burn engine).

Comment

Working...
                              X