No announcement yet.

Problem to remove UOPs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If those parts (FBI warnings) are part of the menu, it will behave like a menu and therefore you can't switch. E. g. in normal menu you also can't press Next.
    人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
    Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

This is a common case when even the UOPs are removed, you still cannot press "next" button, but you can surely press the Title or Root menu button (the names may vary on the remote). This is not some type structural protection but rather the way the DVD is authored. As was suggested, these warnings or logos can be part of the menu, which is rare, which in no way that DVDFab can distinguish it as a warning or an intro to menu, for example; only we can. The warnings or logos are also often in the VMG domain and exist as only one cell in a PGC. If this is such a case, most players cannot skip it when you press "next", but some, being lenient in DVD spec, can.

The "Remove annoying PGCs" option is a hit or miss. It's not foolproof. Sometimes it removes unwanted video segment.

Originally posted by Centinela
      1- I firstly selected the "Jump to first menu when disc inserted" option, and the resultant DVD begun directly from the main movie, but at the same time, it lost entirely the all the menus.
      This sounds like a bug to me.

Comment

I tried it all with DVDFab and Passkey, but they didn't worked at all, but as signals and other users said, this are not common UOPs limitations, but related to how this particular DVD was authored and its internal programming, so DVDFab neither any other similar programs can do anything with them.

By the way, it would be great if you could make an exhaustive help manual too, which clarifies all this type of problems. Let's take my case as an example, if I had read a simple paragraph related to UOPs from such a nonexistent manual, telling something like:

"beware, that DVDFab/Passkey will not be able to remove this kind of restrictions under all the potentially different circumstances you might face...", and/or "with certain DVDs, which were authored under atypical ways, there are limitations resembling UOPs ones, but that actually are not UOPs-related ones, but due to how these DVDs were authored. In such cases, you will have to try another ways of getting rid of them, because it doesn't matter if DVDFab/Passkey already removed other UOPs limitations present on the discs"
        I will just keep reading that help manual, expecting to see the other ways of remove such limitations; that way, all these inconvenient and many other "potentially" related ones, could be "avoided" by just mentioning (in the program's help itself, a help manual, FAQs, etc.) some "caveats", regarding UOPs and "presumably" UOPs related limitations and the users will not even have the necessity of ask in the forum or to contact the support team.

Thanks.

Comment

You can still remove them by blanking unwanted video segment with VobBlanker (freeware).

Comment

Working...
          X