Problem to remove UOPs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem to remove UOPs.

Hi, I really don't know if this is actually a problem, or just something I'm doing wrong, but after trying latest stable 8.0.5.0 version from DVDFab with some titles, I'm still not being able to enjoy from UOPS-free DVDs. I'm wondering if does exist something like a general rule regarding removing UOPs from DVDs, which makes a mention about certain "exceptional" DVDs, from which UOPs can't be removed or it is needed some specific workaround for them. Or maybe UOPS are an easy issue, and they can be removed in %99,9 of the cases?

Let me show you an example from a DVD which I can't remove its UOPs:

Stanley Kubrick's Collection: The Shining

Although I configured DVDFab to remove them, the two UOPs from the beginning (one related to a "copyright warning" and the other a "Warner Home Video" separator) are still there. There is no way I can just skip them pressing the "next" button.

Info for drive [E:\] (DVDFab 8.0.5.0)

Disc media: DVD
    Disc type: DVD-Video
    Disc region: 4
    Volume name: THE_SHINING
    Video standard: NTSC
    Layer 0 size: 1827056 sectors (3568 MBytes)
    Layer 1 size: 1827056 sectors (3568 MBytes)

CSS (Content Scramble System) protection is removed!
    RC (Region Code) protection is removed!
    RCE (Region Code Enhancement) protection is not found.
    APS (Analog Protection System) protection is not found.
    UOPs (User Operation Prohibitions) protection is removed!

Invalid PTTs protection is not found.
    Invalid PGCIs protection is not found.
    Invalid PGCs protection is not found.
    Invalid TMAPs protection is not found.
    Invalid CELLs protection is removed!
    Invalid VOBUs protection is not found.
    Fake vts protection is not found!
    Potential bad sector (vts:1 menu begin:0 end:1773) is removed!
    1 potential bad sector protections are removed!
    Structure protection (ARccOS, RipGuard, etc.) is removed!

PathPlayer is enabled!
    Unplayable cell is not found.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Centinela; 11-22-2010, 04:59 AM. Reason: added info.

Problem to remove UOPs

Hi Centinela,

1) First of all, please click the round green icon button with a check mark at the right top corner of the DVDFab screen, open "Common Settings" window, click Protection/DVD, and make sure that you have checked "Remove UOPs(User Operation Prohibitions)".

Please check the illustration in the attachment.

2) You can also visit http://www.dvdfab.com/passkey-lite.htm to download and install our latest free version of DVDFab Passkey to remove protections firstly. And then use DVDFab DVD Copy to copy your DVD discs.

Best regards,
    Anny
    DVDFab Support Team
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Anny; 11-22-2010, 05:28 AM.

Comment

Hi, thanks for your reply; I already did all what you said and still wasn't able to manually skip those annoying UOPs. So far, I'm not sure if they are "real" UOPs, or something related to a kind of "structural protection" or another trick done by the DVD authors.

Comment

Hi Centinela,

Please use other DVDs to see if this is a universal problem, or just for this one DVD (The Shining)?

Please also tell us what player did you use to play the copied and found that "a "copyright warning" and the other a "Warner Home Video" separator are still there".

Regards,

mona

Comment

Have you tried to remove the PGCs and stuff in the Navigation part before you hit start. Check out the screen capture I submitted
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
            Hi Centinela,

Please use other DVDs to see if this is a universal problem, or just for this one DVD (The Shining)?

Please also tell us what player did you use to play the copied and found that "a "copyright warning" and the other a "Warner Home Video" separator are still there".

Regards,

mona
            Well, I'd tested others DVDs and I didn't have any problems. It seems this specific DVD, was authored in a some tricky way, because I tried many different tools besides DVDFab ones, and none of them were able to let me skip those short videos from the beginning. I tested them with "KMPlayer" and "Windows Media Player".

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
            Have you tried to remove the PGCs and stuff in the Navigation part before you hit start. Check out the screen capture I submitted
            I tried the way you mentioned, and I got two different results:

1- I firstly selected the "Jump to first menu when disc inserted" option, and the resultant DVD begun directly from the main movie, but at the same time, it lost entirely the all the menus.

2- Then I selected the "Jump to main title when disc inserted" option, and this time the DVD didn't even started at all.

So, although maybe DVDFab removes other UOPs already present in the DVD, those annoying short videos I'm talking about aren't not real UOPs, but a certain type of "structural protection" or another trick done by the DVD authors.

Comment

Sometimes those UOPs are embedded in DVD menu, already seen. So they are actually built-in the menu and not extra files.
              人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
              Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

when you use the jump to main movie you need to use the players remote to select the menu as it skips that and plays movie instead

Comment

Originally posted by Blazkowicz View Post
                  Sometimes those UOPs are embedded in DVD menu, already seen. So they are actually built-in the menu and not extra files.
                  Well, as far as I know, if you select the remove UOPs option, DVDFab will not be "selective" and just delete some of them, but will delete them all instead. So, that way, there wouldn't exists UOPs related limitations anymore; but in this case, UOPs doesn't seems to be the problem.

Originally posted by dvdphantom View Post
                  when you use the jump to main movie you need to use the players remote to select the menu as it skips that and plays movie instead
                  I tried many ways, but I always got a static black screen as result.

Comment

Hi Centinela,

Please use "Main Movie" mode to copy the movie again to see the result.

Regards,

mona

Comment

I already mentioned the result from that option, in post # 6; it will not work at all.

Comment

Main Movie copy mode, not jump to main title.

The things you are trying to remove are "annoying PGCs", not UOPs, which prevent you from doing things like pressing "next" or "skip" or "menu" until the movie studio thinks you have earned the right to do so. DVDFab can remove some of these annoyances, but the authoring on some DVDs prevents them from being deleted in some cases. You can manually edit the cell commands with PGCEdit to remove them but the learning curve is steep.
                        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yes, that looks like it's your only options. You will either have to deal with the UOPs on that disc or use Main Movie mode.
                          SPECS
                          DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
                          SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

Main Movie copy mode, not jump to main title...
                            Yes, I was confused about it, but using the "Main movie copy" mode will render me the very same results as the "Jump to first menu when disc inserted" option I mentioned in post # 6, i.e., deleted menus, extras, trailers. etc., when I'm just trying to skip those two short videos from the beginning.

Comment

The Shining was originally released in 1980 so it an old DVD release and may not have the modern copy protection on it that requires Pathplayer to be enabled. Go into Common settings select Pathplayer to the left and Disable Pathplayer for this movie and maybe those UOPs will be removed correctly. I should have mentioned that in post#5 as well but if Pathplayer Disabled you not able to change the playback order I mentioned in post#5

You can download trial of DVDFab Passkey and use DVDFab Passkey first to open the DVD and change the playback order with Pathplayer enabled and then open DVDFab to copy DVD to see if it helps but I have a feeling it may not

Comment

Working...
                              X