No announcement yet.

8.0.5.8 - All Tags/Metadata missing on output file - generic.avi.divx.mp3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You do not honestly expect a rely do you????

I'll bet that if you do, it is "Try the new version"
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

hi,

I have tried to find the solution, but unfortunately cannot quick find the reason, so just not follow this problem.

I will try test it again, and fix this problem.

thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ting View Post
        hi,

I have tried to find the solution, but unfortunately cannot quick find the reason, so just not follow this problem.

thanks.
        We have identified that the likely issue is to do with the version of ffmpeg used.

Working Version - lavf52.33.0

Problem Version - lavf52.78.4

Can you try reverting to the previous version?

Or is there a newer version you could try?

Comment

hi,

thanks.
          Hi Ting,

Have you had any luck with your testing?

Comment

hi,

I have fixed this bug, please wait the beta version to test it.

thanks.

Comment

hi,

I have fixed this bug, please wait the beta version to test it.

thanks.

Hi ting,

I can confirm that this is now working correctly. (see screenshots attached)

Thank you again for your help.
              Attached Files

Comment

I just tried 8.0.7.0 and the meta tag/thumbnail problem is fixed for me too.

Although subtitles still don't work for me. The .sub file is just filled with gobbledegook.

Rubber_-_Duck Are you still using an older version for working subtitles?

Comment

Actually I cant view any .subs in notepad so ignore that comment.

But subs are not working in newer versions of DVDFab for me. They are not shown in VLC and if I select the created file manually... nothing. Subs from 7.0.9.3 are shown automatically and work so I will be going back to that version again.

Comment

Originally posted by GL-5 View Post
                    Actually I cant view any .subs in notepad so ignore that comment.

But subs are not working in newer versions of DVDFab for me. They are not shown in VLC and if I select the created file manually... nothing. Subs from 7.0.9.3 are shown automatically and work so I will be going back to that version again.
                    Subs seem to be working for me.....

What movies/shows have you tried? Give me a couple examples and if I have them in my collection I'll see how they go for me.

I just tried - The Matrix & Transformers and all seem to work.

FYI - I'm using WMP12 and VOBSUB and v8072 beta

Comment

Thanks, but i'm not really interested in having to use other programs to rip subs. Ive just been using dvdfab. I only noticed recently the subs ripped were no good and has been happening for a while. It happens on all DVD's I have tried including with the latest version of dvdfab. I'm just going to continue to use DVDfab 7 untill I consider ripping blu ray then I might try a new version. Not only do the subs not work but the auto crop function is not as good (getting encoded black bars) and the sound is much quieter compared to a fab7 encode.

Glad the new version has worked out for you but iv'e decided to stick with the old version.

Comment

Originally posted by GL-5 View Post
                        Thanks, but i'm not really interested in having to use other programs to rip subs. Ive just been using dvdfab. I only noticed recently the subs ripped were no good and has been happening for a while. It happens on all DVD's I have tried including with the latest version of dvdfab. I'm just going to continue to use DVDfab 7 untill I consider ripping blu ray then I might try a new version. Not only do the subs not work but the auto crop function is not as good (getting encoded black bars) and the sound is much quieter compared to a fab7 encode.

Glad the new version has worked out for you but iv'e decided to stick with the old version.
                        Hi GL-5,

I'm not using another program to rip subs - VobSub doesn't rip the subs it allows you to use subs with Windows Media Player 12, that's all it does ( apart from choosing the font and color you like)

Can you give me a couple examples of movies so I can try them out?

Most of the time I've been hardcoding the subs but there are a few movies when I like to use .sub .idx as the output.

Let me know if you need more people to do some testing as I'll happily do some tests for you if you want?

Comment

Working...
                        X