No announcement yet.

Windows 7 64-bit issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you ripping the disks to your hard disk first as outlined in my "Best Practice" thread?
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I'm an adminstrator and it was installed w/run as an administrator...the rest of the thread seems to suggest that I first need to rip the dvd->dvd folder and then from that folder, try my dvd->mobile avi file? That seems like an unneeded step and just reaffirms that the dvd->mobile option doesn't work the way it should...and that has nothing to do with the fact that all the ones that fail on my i7 machine, work on my win7 64-bit core2duo machine.

Comment

Originally posted by jdigital View Post
        I'm an adminstrator and it was installed w/run as an administrator...the rest of the thread seems to suggest that I first need to rip the dvd->dvd folder and then from that folder, try my dvd->mobile avi file? That seems like an unneeded step and just reaffirms that the dvd->mobile option doesn't work the way it should...and that has nothing to do with the fact that all the ones that fail on my i7 machine, work on my win7 64-bit core2duo machine.
        Hi jdigital
        Have you tried to do as suggested in GregiBoy's "Best Practice" thread?
        He is the expert on this so in my opinion you should listen to his advise
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

If you have read that thread, you may understand why I recommend ripping to HDD first.

Please give it a try before you automatically dismiss it.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I read your reasons and they do not apply in this case.

Comment

The same dvd will fail time and time again at the exact same percentage complete as it did before. A dvd that successfully completes will have success again (confirmed). I'm not trying to batch process multiple titles. It's not an a/v sync issue, it's a can't complete at all issue. The i7 obviously rips a dvd much quicker than my core2duo. If I choose single pass, it fails before 1 percent complete. So it's not overheating and I can move onto another dvd and it will complete fine. About 1/3 fail and the same ones will fail every time. Those same ones will have success in my core2duo...which is a dell studio hybrid, if you know what that is, then you know if something is going to overheat it's in that tiny little computer. Again, if ripping to the hard drive first works, then that just reaffirms that the option to rip from the dvd doesn't work the way that it should. Instead of taking the unnecessary step of copying to the hard drive first, I still have my core 2 duo for a few more days, so I can just use dvdfab the way it should work. My purpose here isn't to find a work around for "well that should work, but it doesn't", my purpose is to try and provide the developers with what information I can to improve dvdfab into working correctly in a future version, which hopefully is a beta in the next day or so . So come on developers...I'm here and obviously checking on this constantly. What information can I provide that I haven't already to make DVDFab an awesome product (no matter how new the computer)?
              Last edited by jdigital; 12-30-2010, 05:33 AM.

Comment

Maybe someone should rename this thread...my core2duo has win7 64-bit as well, so that's obviously not the issue. Either it has something to do with the processor or the video card. I just don't know enough about dvdfab to know if the video card could be the issue, but the person who started this thread had an i7 as well.

Comment

Could it be the i7 is too powerful and it's confusing dvdfab? My core2duo can take as long as the movie is to convert. My i7 (when it has success) finishes the entire 2-pass process in usually about 20 minutes.

Comment

I tried disabling the turbo cpu usage. It definitely took longer, but still failed.

Comment

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I was out of the country. I think I've discovered the likely cause of the error. It is related to the two-pass high quality setting.

When I tried re-encoding a video using the Video Converter using 2-pass, I receive the following error:

Work 1 failed, Error = 504.00 0 error: process exception, filter(type8:id2), info = 503.00 13

The same video with the same profile using real-time results in success. I would try it with the DVD ripper, but my trial has expired...

Below is the profile I used.

Code:
                      <profile name="Cowon D2" version="200" device="pvp" tag="dvdfab" description="The profile is used to create avi(mpeg4 + mp3 audio) file, which can be played on Cowon D2" >
                      <common>
                      <file format="avi" onefile_size_mb="700" number="1" />
                      <container>
                      <avi odml="0" />
                      </container>
                      <audio copy="0" codec="mp3" channel="2" >
                      <freq value="32000" list="32000" />
                      <bitrate value="96000" list="96000 112000 128000" />
                      <volume percent="100" />
                      </audio>
                      <video>
                      <size list="320x240" limited="0" />
                      <subtitle mode="0" />
                      <encode codec="mpeg4" fourcc="DIVX" bitrate_kbps="500" maxbitrate_kbps="2000" >
                      <mode value="high_quality" list="real_time, high_quality" />
                      </encode>
                      </video>
                      </common>
                      <acodec name="lame"/>
                      <vcodec name="mpeg4" />
                      </profile>
                      Here is the DVDFab_internal.log

Code:
                      ------  begin mobile work(1/1)  ------

5m 38.86s: create config(3)
                       5m 38.86s: convert profile(pvp.avi.mpeg4.mp3.Cowon.D2)
                       5m 38.89s: 513.05: get video start offset(0)
                       5m 38.89s:  5m 38.97s: info: set output video frame_rate(959/40)
                       5m 40.42s: error: process exception, filter(type8:id2), info = 503.00 13,
                       5m 40.45s: ------  mobile work failed(504.00 0 error: process exception, filter(type8:id2), info = 503.00 13,

)  ------
                      Please let me know if you need anything else.

Comment

Working...
                      X