Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Windows 7 64-bit issue

Hello,
    I installed DVDFab 8.0.6.1 trial version and I'm attempting to rip a DVD with it. The problem I'm having is that any rip I do plays 'fast' and the length of the movie says it is way too long (3000+ hours). When I rip the same movie using the same trial version with the same settings on an XP machine, it does not have this issue. I tried different DVDs and they all have this issue.

I tried running DVDFab in XP compatibility mode but that didn't change anything. I tried running it with admin privileges and that didn't do anything either.

The computer with the issue is:
    Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium on an i7-740QM with 8GB of ram

Any help really appreciated.

Thanks,
    G

Same Problem

It's ripping at like 200 fps no matter what I specify, so of course there's an issue. Even the latest 8.0.6.2 The only way I've found is to use version 7...but on my new computer I have the only latest version. Any ideas what the problem is and where I can download version 7?

Comment

Well no

Scratch that...it didn't work on a second dvd. Trying avi xvid audiocopy. Anyone have an answer?

Comment

We need to know at a minimum the exact profile(s) you are using. The internal log files would also be helpful.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Log

Sorry...fairly new user. Where is the log?

Comment

I'm doing dvd to mobile->generic->avi xvid audiocopy...fps, audio, same as source...multiple dvds, same problem.

Comment

By it didn't work on the second dvd, I meant it had the same issue with 8.0.6.2 and 7.0.9.3

Comment

Zune mp4 ripped fine...so I'm not sure if this may be limited to the xvid or generic group.

Comment

Other Software

Is this a 7/8 issue? Would 6 work?

Comment

If there's not an answer, what's a good recommendation for working software?

Comment

I've got the week off....I need a working answer on how to turn my dvd collection digital...needs to be xbox compatible.

Comment

Hi jdigital:
                        Thanks for your details, and we are working on this now.
                        The related post: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=10067

Comment

So it's not that it is a win7 64-bit machine. All of the ones that fail on my i7 processor rip fine on a core 2 duo machine...unless it has something to do with the differing video cards, although both are set to software on the codec. With all the latest dvds I've tried on the 8.0.6.5, it gets to around 50% on the second pass of an avi xvid audiocopy and doesn't make anymore progress. So my log says nothing more than I cancelled out of it.

Comment

I'm having some luck with dvdfab 7.0.9.3 on the i7 machine. I gave up trying newer dvds on the i7 and with older dvds it's working out to about 1 out of every 3 can't make it through the second pass (I've done 9 dvds on it so far). I gave up 8.0.6.5 as well...those seem to fail 100% of the time. Is there any more info I can provide? It just gets to 0-51% through the second pass, no time left on the task, so my log doesn't seem too useful because I end up having to cancel out of it. Does anyone there have a lead on what's wrong? Any hope of a fix in the works?

Comment

I'm testing now to see what happens when I just choose 1 pass...which obviously isn't something I'm going to settle for, but I thought it might help. So with a dvd that just stalled on a 2 pass avi xvid audiocopy, I cancelled, deleted the file it generated and set it to 1 pass. On the two pass it gets through the first pass and stalls on the second, but when set to one pass only it doesn't get anywhere. The encoding fps jumps around, the task time left slowly increments to a rediculous amount of hours and finally those zero out with the percent stuck at .25%, the task time counting and no progress made.

Comment

Working...
                              X