This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSP TV Series DVD's Unsupported data

Hi, I have been having problems converting TV series DVD's into files that work on the PSP.

I only have problems where there are multiple separate episodes on the same disk and I check / select / tick each episode to convert in batch, i.e. the whole disc at once.

I am using the same profile as all other DVD's and have excellent results with this for movies, however multi-feature / multi episode disks always result in the video file on the PSP stating "Unsupported Data".

I am running DVDFAB version 6.1.2.5 and use the default profile of PSP Default "The profile is used to create mp4(h264 + aac) file, which can be played in PSP with firmware >= 3.30. The file must be put in (PSP_Root)\VIDEO folder."

PSP firmware is 6.10, files are located in the correct location as mentioned above.

One strange thing however is that the individual episodes if selected separately i.e one episode at a time seem to work fine, it is just when multiple episodes are selected that it seems to produce the unsupported data issues, perhaps it is an error where DVDFAB skips a finalisation step when multiple episodes are selected?

I would rather this function works as I can leave my machine running converting multiple files, rather than coming back every hour or so to select the next episode for conversion.

Thanks in advance for any advice or assistance.

Have you tried saving the DVD to the computer first then open that saved file to convert the episodes in a batch

Comment

Thanks AGJ, however how do I save the DVD to the computer, which option do I use? what do you mean by the convertion of episodes in a batch, can I copy more than one DVD and then convert multiple episodes in one batch conversion?

I realise that this is a "work around" for the problem however it is not really ideal as I would expect the product to work straight out of the box and as described.

I have tried to convert X-Files multiple different DVD's Red Dwarf again several different DVD's and also the Twilight zone all result in the "unsupported data" message on the PSP. I have no problems with any movie and get great results.

Has anybody else experienced these sorts of problems specifically with the PSP conversion?

Perhaps I should be storing the converted video in another directory on the PSP?

Any assistance would be very welcome.

Comment

Hi Bertie....

I think I know the resolution to this but I am unable to test until later today as my machine is running a big batch job, all 22 episodes of Stargate SG-1 Season 4.

In the meantime, have a read of my "Best Practice: DVD to Mobile" thread (Link in my signature below) and it may give you some tips.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

well, I did my test and it wasn't what I thought as everything worked perfectly.

I just did a Stargate SG-1 disk with 4 episodes and everthing worked as usual.

As I do not have a PSP, I played each MP4 file with VLC player and also inspected them with MediaInfo.

They all played fine and were all encoded with the same parameters.

WTF????
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I will read and implement the best practice guide first, there might be a setting that causes the problem.

Thanks for the help so far, I'll be in touch as soon as I experiment a bit more.

Comment

Implemented all advice, only the last episode of 4 converted into a format that was recognised by the PSP. The rest remained as "unsupported data". do you think that the conversion programme does not finish / close the file properly for all episodes except the last one? This would explain why the single episode conversion works, but by batch there is an issue?

There must be a way that someone can verify that this is a common problem, or is it only my machine / product that is creating duff files?

Thanks for any further advice you or anyone else can offer

Comment

I have now converted X - Files season 3 disc 5, again all episodes are unsupported data except the last one which shows up as a bonafide converted file. There must be an error with the encoding for the other episodes as they are not readable.

Is anybody else sufferring any similar issues for the PSP?

The files all play on the PC but not on the PSP.

I am using the default conversion profile for PSP 3.30 but the actual firmware is 6.1. Could you recommend another PSP conversion option that could work?

Surely I do not have to convert every single episode individually to get a series ready to watch on the PSP - is this an error with DVDFab or am I the only one to suffer this problem?

Any assistance would be most welcome.

Thanks.

Comment

Bertie, do you have an old version of DVD Fab that you can install, say 5.2.5.0 and see if the same problem exists?

You can run both Version 5 & 6 at the same time.

Comment

If you don't, you can get it here:-

Comment

I will try with version 5.2.2.2

Comment

Have tried to convert using 5.2.2.2 and the process stalled at 5.15% of the first episode, and after 21 hours I have decided to cancel the process - any other suggestions?

Comment

Only suggestion that I can make is try the just released new beta.

Comment

I have downloaded 5.2.5.0 as mentioned above and I will give this one a stab!

Comment

Converted all eposodes using 5.2.5.0 and ALL were "unsupported data" I will try the latest beta version, any chance of letting me know where I can source a copy of the beta?

Comment

Working...
                              X