4:3 Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper 4:3 Movies

Just wanted to get some quick feedback. What do you guys do when ripping 4:3 movies to watch on a widescreen TV? Do you just watch it with black borders on the sides or do you manipulate the image during the ripping process? Are the only 2 options black bars on sides or stretched image?

Thanks.

A third option is to 'zoom" the image so that the top and bottom are cut off but the screen is filled (not recommended). Best is to watch it the way it was photographed (4:3, 1.3333:1). I have used DVDFab to make some experimental widescreen versions of older 4:3 movies, most of them were not worth watching (tops of heads cut off etc.)
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Generally I just let it play. It isn't much different than the top and bottom bars for anamorphic movies.

Comment

Good enough for me, thanks for the responses, I was thinking of experimenting myself so you probably saved me some time and headaches if in the end they weren't going to look too great...

Comment

Working...
        X