8.0.7.3 vs 8.0.8.5 and Audio Sync issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper 8.0.7.3 vs 8.0.8.5 and Audio Sync issue

Why is that 8.0.7.3 had no audio sync issues and 8.0.7.3 and with 8.0.8.5 you have to play around with the framerate and audio bitrate to achieve sync. One thing I liked about DVDFab it worked all that out.

8.0.7.3 doesn't have this issue at all, and how do I know 23.976fps is the correct setting.

I agree. It's a little disturbing to me, but I know they will fix it. I just hope it's sooner than later. I just bought this program about a month ago and it's gone to pot since then. Perhaps it's all my fault!

Comment

Same problem as you... I have went back and forth between the settings on the two versions and the framerate comes up automatically as a different setting. 8.0.8.5 would come up as 23.976, while 8.0.7.3 comes up as 24. I tried to set 8.0.8.5 as 24 and the audio / sync problem went away. But yeah, they need to fix it or something.

Comment

Same with me. The wmv file options seem to be the worst and xbox 360 are out of sync. i wish it was in sync will post my logs when i do a test dvd

Comment

You can use Mediainfo to find out what the framerate is for the DVD to make sure DVDFab is selecting correct one.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin View Post
            Same with me. The wmv file options seem to be the worst and xbox 360 are out of sync. i wish it was in sync will post my logs when i do a test dvd
            Take it from someone who's been asking for some resolution for over a year. WMV is broke and I do not think there's any intention of fixing it. I have tried everything possible to get a sync'd WMV file. Custom profiles. Various settings. Written to Feng. Posted here etc, etc, etc. No use.
            Last edited by MRL_DVDFab; 03-29-2011, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Since this post has now been pushed down the list of topics by many, many more customers with Audio Synch issues, it might be worth creating a sticky post about Audio Synch advising them to try 8.0.7.3. Since reverting to that version I have had zero failures due to audio synch on DVDs.

Until whatever has been broken since 8.0.7.3 has been fixed I think it would save a lot of customers a lot of heartache.

Comment

Originally posted by steamhead View Post
                Since this post has now been pushed down the list of topics by many, many more customers with Audio Synch issues, it might be worth creating a sticky post about Audio Synch advising them to try 8.0.7.3. Since reverting to that version I have had zero failures due to audio synch on DVDs.

Until whatever has been broken since 8.0.7.3 has been fixed I think it would save a lot of customers a lot of heartache.
                do you get problems on 8.0.8.5 when used in conjunction with media info?

Comment

Originally posted by alphabetagaga View Post
                  do you get problems on 8.0.8.5 when used in conjunction with media info?
                  With some discs yes, mediainfo was telling me the exact same thing for both input and output files as far as I could see. It's hardly the point though, I bought DVDFab so I didn't have to pull everything apart and put it back together longhand. It all worked perfectly (for DVDs) at 8.0.7.3 so I'm back on that version now until this issue is fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by steamhead View Post
                    With some discs yes, mediainfo was telling me the exact same thing for both input and output files as far as I could see. It's hardly the point though, I bought DVDFab so I didn't have to pull everything apart and put it back together longhand. It all worked perfectly (for DVDs) at 8.0.7.3 so I'm back on that version now until this issue is fixed.
                    Has there been an official response on this issue yet? I am in the process of installing 8703 right now to get around this problem. I purchased this program for ease of use, and that is simply not happening now. If I wanted to jack around with all this stuff, there are plenty of free options out there.

Comment

yep, agree with what has been said audio sync in version 8.0.7.3 works fine, and it gets progressively worse in 8.0.8.5 (so by the end of a 90 min film it's off by a few seconds).

In 8.0.7.3 you have the option of setting frame rate to the same as source - this appears to be gone in 8.0.8.5 - it does go to the correct frame rate, 25 in my case - but it just doesn't work for any dvds I convert.

Was hoping to purchase the dvd converter tool this week - but this is putting me off shelling out for it.

Comment

Well all the flaffing around with the latest versions, I've reverted back to 8.0.7.3, all the version since then are unpredictable.

I agree with the other posts here, I don't see why I should be using mediainfo to double checking framerates etc.

Please please get this fixed.

Comment

ok so I uninstall the latest build, download and install 8.0.7.3. then run as normal but do not adjust any framerate setting, I shouldn't get any audio sync issues?

Comment

Which frame rate?

So some thread suggested downloading MediaInfo to find the correct framerate. However, this program shows the framerate of the VTS_0x_y.VOB files and I don't know which one has the title I am intereted in (I am converting a TV show with 4 episodes). I see both 23.98 and 29.97 fps depending on which file I look at. It turns out that DVDFab 8.0.8.5 was selecting the 23.98 fps for DVD Rip which was causing the Audio to be out of sync. When I set it to 29.97, the audio was in sync. But, I would hate to have to guess each time what the rate is and then try the other possible rates until I get it right (long process).

I guess the only option is to wait for the bug to be fixed...

Comment

I am in the process of trying out DVDfab and like it very much overall, however the audio sync issue would be a deal breaker.

What I want to do is rip my personal DVD and Bluray's to my PC hard drive so I can watch and stream them to two different Xbox's. WMV seems to give me the best performance/ease of use. However, I have encountered the audio sync problem in doing this. I have read that people have been able to select the frame rate within the DVDfab settings. How is this possible? The drop down does not "drop down" for me. All I can select is "same as source." If manually setting the correct frame rate solves the problem- great, I am all in.

Comment

Working...
                              X